Altuzarra F/W 2020.21 Paris

Joseph needs to learn that having a slit on the left leg of his skirts and dresses is not a signature. Maybe he needs to focus more on the shapes and cuts of his clothes to make them more distinctive.

I want to like Altuzarra because he is the good student you know. Everything is right but it seems like it’s never enough. He is the last one standing from his wave of American designers in Paris and yet, his work has failed to be memorable.

there are some stunning dresses, knitwear is great and those dresses with the cutouts

but .. the presentation is a bit dull - if he had a less "classical" showspace this would have worked a lot better

I think this is one of his better collections. Theoretically everything here works - the collection is consistent, the clothes look well done, the styling is good but at the same time I find it all rather boring. He lacks something that would make him stand out from other designers. I think he just lacks vision. From the very beginning he based his collections on other designers and unfortunately now he has no idea what to do with himself. I still don't understand why he moved to Paris. Do women in Europe buy his stuff? He should go back to New York. He would shine among the trash that's being shown there.

It's a really nice collection tbh, and it would be one of the better ones at NYFW. But there's still absolutely no reason to be showing this in Paris.
I think the reason for him showing at PFW is more financial than creative. In Paris, you can definitely reach the international luxury clientele. Paris allows for brands like his to exist without having to face the same type of competition as in NYFW. In NY, his clientele would likely be American or Asian at best...You can’t have a voice between Ralph Lauren, ODLR or Tom Ford but in Paris, you can (people like Vauthier or Martin Grant are good examples).

I think this was a very thoughtful, elegant collection. His collections in Paris have been a little bit heavy-handed and missing the sophistication of when he presented in New York, but this was very nice!

Why he keeps showing in Paris is beyond me.

He belongs to NY and so does this collection.

Saks and Barney's material. Not that it is a bad thing, but to each his own.

Why would you attend this show, there being so many things worth your time in Paris?

I honestly forgot this brand still existed. He should just go back to NY because at least his brand would have some actual relevance there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->