Amanda Brooks

rrenzullo

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a post about her already. Amanda Cutter Brooks is an original in the New York fashion world. She served as Bryan Bradley's muse at Tuleh and later creative director. She's a huge supporter of young designers frequently appearing in Thakoon. She puts outfits together in original ways often incorporating different styles and trends. She was born in Palm Beach and then attended Deerfield Academy and Brown University, she is currently married to Christopher Brooks.

00460m.jpg

00280m.jpg

13m.jpg

05m.jpg

28m.jpg

08m.jpg

00190m.jpg

00020m.jpg

style.com and the Sartorialist for style.com

more pictures:
24m.jpg

09m.jpg

00300m.jpg

00180m.jpg

slideshow

style.com
78190467.jpg

gettyimages.com

Last edited by a moderator:
"Amanda Brooks hit up several shows in Paris, so she enjoyed the opportunity to reconnect with Jennifer Creel and Lisa Airan; Genevieve Jones, meanwhile, has been busy archiving her vintage collection and working on her accessory line. "You're kidding," she said, when informed that Marc Jacobs himself had been wearing her safety pin earrings in white gold at his Louis Vuitton show. "I knew he had my jewelry, but that's cool. I wonder who will do his wedding rings?" Not a bad metaphor for this party, dear--all in all, a total lovefest."
ASHLEY BAKER - Fashion Week Daily

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread :smile: What does she do now?

Sometimes though, I do feel like her outfits overwhelm her. But most of the images here on this thread so far seem to suit her somewhat.

She is a fashion consultant and has a jewelery line. I think that her style has really evolved overtime, she now wears more unique interesting pieces but convincingly i think, I always see her in her clothes, not just some prescribed style.

AMANDA BROOKS

President Amanda Brooks Inc., Contributing Editor, Men's Vogue and author of I Love Your Style, to be published by Harper Collins in September 2009

I'M WEARING my vintage army jacket, Tory Burch “Simone” cardigan, Tory Burch “Hanne” dress, YSL belt, Club
Monaco tights, Chanel bag and Chanel boots.

WHEN I WEAR TORY I FEEL put together.

MY STYLE MANTRA is you should always feel like yourself in your clothes, even if that self is different every day.

WHEN IT COMES TO STYLE MY MOTHER has the best taste of anyone I know, but she was never scared to embrace something wonderfully tacky. Her mix of tasteful and tacky is what rubbed off on me the most.

ALL-TIME MOST STYLISH MOVIE is Mahogany with
Diana Ross.

MY SIGN is Taurus.

A CHARITY I'M COMMITED TO is The Scott Polar Research Institute at Cambridge University, England.

MY PERFECT DAY IN N.Y. is spent entirely at home with my husband and kids, playing board games, reading, doing arts and crafts and having family friends over for brunch.

DATE NIGHT is Freeman's. I always order smoked trout.

GIRL'S NIGHT is at The Elephant, before that La Esquina.

IF NOT N.Y., I'D LIVE in Laurel Canyon in Los Angeles.

interview from toryburch.com

Does anyone have pictures of her at the Chanel Mobile Art Opening in New York ?
Thanks

Her book, "I love your style", is fabulous. I've already reinvented myself several times thanks to her. I love her tips and the pictures are awesome.

Tods S/S 2010
M: Stefania Bacherini, Carolina Gawronski, Amanda Cutter Brooks, Eleonora Serpi, Susanna Giardi

vvshu

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"