Amanda De Cadenet

Sweets

Reaction score
did several searches and was unable to find a thread for this great photog. if there is one my apologies mods!
she was apparently a talk show host at age 14, i have a hunch her photography is probably better than her hosting abilities... i was very inspired by her when i first picked up a camera. her work has some of the playfulness and femininity of ellen von unwerth but sometimes with a realistic/grungy portrayal. always beautiful, romantic, and often fun.

2yke79d.jpg

imlcgo.jpg

25ujurm.jpg

all images were pulled directly off her website: amandadecadenet.com
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
she is also supposedly close friends with the distillers/spinnerettes Brody Dalle (whom i :heart:)

ogjllv.jpg

(also credit to amandadecadenet.com)

I love that she accompanied Courtney Love in a costume to the Oscars dressed as Courtney Love (in Courtney's own tiara, dress and heels) in March of 1995. They had a falling out though not less than half a year later when Courtney accused her of being a "starfu*cker".

[03.27.1995]
Morton's Vanity Fair party in L.A.

source courtney-love.org/en/

funny because i would consider brody the 'courtney' that actually ages *well*... lol

She would literally do anything to become famous or just to appear in the public eye......she has tried presenting, acting....then when those didn't work out, photography, which I gotta say she actually some talent there as opposed to anything else she has attempted.:ninja:

^ She's not much of a photographer either, imo... she should just throw in the towel already... it's kind of pathetic @ this pt...

She would literally do anything to become famous or just to appear in the public eye......she has tried presenting, acting....then when those didn't work out, photography...

And let's not forget the starf*cking...:lol:

^ She's not much of a photographer either, imo... she should just throw in the towel already... it's kind of pathetic @ this pt...

Yeah, her photos are really average. They get the job done, I guess...but there are a lot of much more talented photographers out there who could fill her spot. (They, unfortunately aren't in the in crowd, though).

And let's not forget the starf*cking...:lol:

Haha totally forgot about that phase of her desperate career:lol:

Yeah, her photos are really average. They get the job done, I guess...but there are a lot of much more talented photographers out there who could fill her spot. (They, unfortunately aren't in the in crowd, though)

This is very true.......her photos are competent at most and at least she's behind the camera and hopefully we won't see her anywhere soon.:ninja:

I really like this editorial, though I must admit it's mostly because of Tasha:blush:

magazine: Lula #6 Spring/Summer 2008
editorial: Can't you hear my heartbeat?
photographer: Amanda De Cadenet
styling: Lara Backmender
model: Tasha Tilberg

scanned by glósóli

Marie Claire (US) March 2004
In Full Flower
Photography by Amanda Decadenet
Erika Wall, Renee Lacombe

bwgreyscale via archive.org

HELLO No: 469 - 02.08.1997

Her bio from her site: amandadecadenet.com

Renowned photographer and television personality Amanda de Cadenet is the creator and host of the new television series The Conversation, airing on Lifetime. Co-produced by de Cadenet and Demi Moore, The Conversation features interviews with internationally famous women, as well as lesser-known figures. It covers a wide variety of topics universal to women including: love + sexuality; body image; career and finances; relationships and women's rights.

Says de Cadenet, “The Conversation came from the many questions I was asking the women in my own life, while trying to manage being a mother to three kids and wife to my husband, maintain a career and not lose myself in all of it. Every woman should have access to the information and solutions we talk about on this show. The Conversation will open the doors on the universal language of women and allow them to do that.”
De Cadenet began her career at age of 14 as the host of the U.K. television shows The Word, and Breakfast. After becoming one of the U.K.’s best known personalities, she realized that her true place was behind the camera and began taking pictures.

Her photography has been described as ‘truthful’, ‘haunting’, ‘radiant’ and ‘intimate’. She shoots advertising campaigns, Hollywood icons, rock royalty and friends at play alike, always infusing her work with an appealing honesty and authenticity, and an original vision.

The youngest woman to shoot a Vogue magazine cover, de Cadenet has photographed many of the most celebrated icons of popular culture including Drew Barrymore, Sofia Coppola, Demi Moore, Amber Valetta, Olivia Wilde, Mary J Blige, Keanu Reeves, Beck, and The Strokes. She has worked with such magazines as diverse as Vanity Fair, Vogue, Rolling Stone, Dazed and Confused, and The New York Times Magazine. Her campaigns include Converse, Reebok, Roxy and Absolut.

Her first book of photography Rare Birds, is a ten-year retrospective that truly captures contemporary lifestyle on the cutting edge. Her insider status had allowed her unprecedented access to a provocative cast of characters, some wildly famous, others just anonymous by-passers; all inspired something in her.

De Cadenet has used her position to help draw attention to the plight of women and girls and has committed to representing women authentically and sensitively through her work.

Her newest project, The Conversation, aims to motivate and inspire women around the world.

de Cadenet currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband, their twins, and de Cadenet’s daughter.

For Net-a-porter.com, Fall campaign 2012
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier

Attachments

• amanda net a porter.jpg
    amanda net a porter.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member