Amica Italy December 2009 : Luca Gadjus by Nadir

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by blackangel41999, Nov 13, 2009.

1. blackangel41999

blackangel41999 Active Member

2. blackangel41999

Quick review: Jacquetta Wheeler by Stefano Moro; Luca G. by Nadir, ? by Christophe Cufos; Judith Bedard by Eric Nehr :heart:;
    Melodie Dagault by Ryan Michael Kelly; Casting with Marlena, Juju and Debora @ Nathalie by Van Mossevelde + N

3. elsaskywalker

elsaskywalker -- aGGravaTion de caS --

Mélodie Dagault :woot:.

She looks depressed on the cover :( but that's umbeleivable how Luca rocks the end of the year, doing so much covers!

4. Filipe

Filipe New Member

:buzz:

I'm also excited for Juju's and Luca's editorials. The cover is okay, they always look the same anyway, just the model changes. Thanks for posting.

5. jacquelineo

jacquelineo Active Member

Judith!!!! :wub: I can't wait to see it!

6. matthaeus123

matthaeus123 New Member

^ same Judith would be wonderful to see

7. Amelia

Amelia neorealismo

I don't really like the cover of Amica for the first time in my life :blush: I don't see any dolce vita in Luca's eyes. Doesn't change the fact I love seeing her in Italian mags. Hope her ed is better!

Marlena's sounds exciting! Can't wait to see her in 'Casting', althought she's not brand new and deserves a full ed.

8. chuliach

chuliach New Member

i love the cover just because it's luca! :blush:

9. blackangel41999

Doppia identità
    Photo: Nadir
    Style: Paolo Turina
    Model: Luca Gadjus
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    scanned by me

10. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

flawless scans as always, thank you so much blackangel!. :heart:
    so nice to see Luca on the cover, I actually quite like it, there's something a bit cold and poised in her expression that reminds me of 90s runway shows, and the story is quite gorgeous too despite being flooded with the 'hits' of this season.. Luca somehow manages to make them her own and look unique in them.

11. blackangel41999

L'aria salata
    Photo: Eric Nehr
    Style: Cristina Bernezzo
    Model: Judith Bedard
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    scanned by me

12. fashionismydrug

fashionismydrug New Member

I love love love the first ed...the second one is ok too

13. penny609

penny609 Well-Known Member

Amica never fails to impress me and this is probably another excellent issue and a perfect one to finish a beautiful year of Amicas. Also I've got to agree with MulletProof on the incredible quality of the scans, thank you so much Blackangel, as always :heart:

I've got to agree with Amelia as well regarding the lack of "dolce vita" on the cover but I quite like it. Especially considering it's Luca. First it's great to see her get so much quality work then I love to see a German without "the epitome of the german model" written in bold red letters on her forehead :lol:
    To me there is a Paris vibe on her expression, the Paris I like when I go to the shows. Something quite edgy, quite dark, inspired and inspiring :crush:

And the editorial line-up sounds amazing too. Casting should be awesome - Debora of course then good to see some hig-fly new pieces of Juju's work and Marlena... dream casting. I love how they mix "hot" promising newbies of the season like Debora with girls that are still too rare but quite the same level of potential.

Looking forward to seeing the editorial by Christophe Cufos, I always enjoy (at least) his work and I'm a sucker for unknowns :P Last but not least Melo - needless to say more :heart:

14. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ great comments as usual, Penny, you're definitely right on the 'Paris' look of Luca, I couldn't quite pinpoint exactly what it was but moving on from the 90s catwalk term I threw in, I think you're right in saying she captures all of these elements that make Paris fashion so memorable.. the elegance, edginess, timelessness.. :heart:

Thanks for the second editorial, blackangel. I love the photography, the location.. the fact that they found exactly the right climate to make that gorgeous Bottega Veneta dress justice, my only complaint is the casting, Judith has a beautiful face and body but something in the way she looks into the camera and poses.. her general look.. it's all a bit too SuicideGirl for me, it just stops me from getting into it.. wish they could've gone with someone else, although it's still a nice surprise to see someone with personality and lack of exposure making the cut.. I'll give her that. -_-

15. penny609

penny609 Well-Known Member

^ I think my Paris comment was a natural following to how you pointed out the 90's vibe as for me Paris still have a dose of 90's in its fashion today. Maybe the only city where you still can feel this. Don't know why, can't even tell if it's not just my own perception or even some old dream of mine :heart:

Then I can say the same to you, always great comments... your analysis of Judith's editorial is exactly what was missing in my mind. Couldn't put my finger on what's right and what's wrong for me in this ed. I'm certainly glad she finally gets some exposure in a great magazine. I certainly think she's very talented but also extremely hard to photograph without diving eyes-closed into clichés she doesn't deserve. Her portfolio contains a couple of masterpieces and some much less interesting pieces. This one is right in the middle of the two... Eric Nehr's touch is perfect, styling too but not sure if this was the right ones for Judith or if she was the right model for that story.

16. Amelia

Amelia neorealismo

Grazie for all your scans, blackangel! I adore how Judith's hair touches the sand.

17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I love her ed but there's something about the cover that makes it look dull & boring

18. abul

abul New Member

thanks a lot BA! :wink:

19. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

Model: Jacquetta Wheeler
    Photographer: Stefano Moro

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    fashiongonerouge

20. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^ Amica uses same models every time.