Aminata Niaria

Seriously, some people just disappointed me for not having booked her. But well, it is what it is i guess...

^ are you referring to Elbaz? If so I too wondered why she wasn't there.

^Thanks for sharing my pictures of Mia from last season!

Here is one from SS 2011 with Georgie :heart:

After FNO: The Show -New York
img4850m.jpg

photo taken by me bonaelamour

From models.com on the Viva showpackage of Paris S/S 07 fashionweek:

....but sparkling with major potential are newcomers like Mia, a gorgeous French girl discovered by Albert Elbaz himself....

That sounds exciting! Her card:

mia.jpg

MDC

She looks amazing..............I was hoping she would book the VF Fashion show for a second time.

Aminata was introduced to me two years ago, I have come to realize that she is one of the most elegant young women I know. She has a wonderful sense of style and gracious manners. Upon receiving her into my home, she came baring gifts.

Aminata was born in Senegal. She has lived in Italy and Paris. Discovered on the streets of Paris by the designer Alber Elbaz of Lanvin while shopping with her bofriend. Alber asked Aminata to work at the house as a cabine model. Which gave her a great opportunity as a muse in training by becoming a model for the house of Lanvin. Imagine being that close to that much creativity daily with one of the most talented designers of this generation. I think Aminata is loved because she radiates a certain energy that gives her the best skin. As we talked, I kept thinking I am so glad that I am getting to know this lovely girl, who loves to cook.

That's a major plus into day's world. But she also loves designer clothes, lots of them, from Chanel to Victoria Beckham, with many in between. That comes with the territory, when you are from Paris and work with the best. It rubs off, if you have style, and Aminata has plenty. I am not the only one to find her to be lovely, so does many designers. Aminata has worked with so many designers between here and Europe, such as Jean Paul Gaultier, Stella McCartney, Zac Posen, Jason Wu, Matthew Williamson, Narcisco Rodriquez, Ralph Lauren, Karl Lagerfeld, Rodarte, Rick Owens, Viktor&Rolf, Fendi (I thought Fendi didn't use black models?) DVF, Rag&Bone, Hussein Chalayan, Nicole Farhi, Dries Van Noten, MaxMara, Vera Wang and more.

Photographed for Vogue Italia, V Magazine, Vogue America, i-D, Numero, Harper's Bazaar, Dazed & Confused. Photographed by Steven Meisel, Patrick DeMarchelier, David Simms, Hans Feurer, Emma Summerton, surely with more to come.

Aminata has made a mark with designers. She proves she has what it takes to walk the runway. As time goes by and continued changes happens in our industry, hopefully we will see more of Aminata on the printed page, so far important photographers seem to agreed.

Name
Mia Aminata Niaria.

What's next
"Owning my own business working with designers in Senegal".

Dream Gig

"Working with all the big names, and showing what I've got to give".

Personal style
"I mix my wardrobe each day. It depends… but usually really comfortable".

Shoes
"Balmain, YSL, and also vintage ones. I love shoes so I don't have a favourite designer".

Fashion tip
"Dress white".

Favorite dress
Lanvin, YSL, Jason Wu, Carolina Herrera, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Stella McCartney.

Favorite city
"New York".

Favorite music
"Shakira (Waka Waka), Youssou Ndour".

Favorite food
"Sushi".

Favorite drink

"Tea and all the gingers".

Favorite movie

Favorite book
The African Fascination by Steven Meisel.

Favorite designers
Chanel, Lanvin, Jean Paul Gaultier, Stella McCartney, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, Givenchy, Jason Wu, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta, Alexander Wang, Rodarte, John Galliano.

Style icon
Victoria Beckham.

First thing in the morning
"Check the cellphone to see if my mum called me during the night".

Last thing before bed
"Turn off the cellphone's ring-tone".

Obsessed with
Cooking.

Personal motto
"Never give up".

Birthday
August 9th.

Born in
Senegal.

Lives in
New York.