Amsterdam - Vintage Shopping

Discussion in 'shop by city' started by Gudmun, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

I'll have to be in Amsterdam for a few days next week... I'll be working but I'm sure I'll manage some shopping escapade.

So where should I go to for vintage clothing?

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

someone else may be able to give you more specifics, but i really just wandered around and found some amazingly cool vintage stuff...especially leather...very good prices...also there's a shop somewhere that sells a lot of belgian designers and is very cool...have a good trip.. :flower:

3. faust

faust New Member

The one right on canal, corner building?! That store looked like a real deal, too bad we came across it in the late evening - it was closed.

Gudmun, let me dig around in my Wallpaper magazine stash tonight (if I don't forget), they had a great article on Amsterdam shopping a while back.

4. softgrey

The one right on canal, corner building?! That store looked like a real deal, too bad we came across it in the late evening - it was closed.
    [/b][/quote]
    yes!---that's the one...it was closed when i found it too, but luckily we had enough time to stop in the next am before we left...boyfriend bought me a bee-yoo-tee-full dries ruffle skirt there....one of my favorite things.... :heart:

if you can figure it out gudmun, you should really check it out...they also had TONS of amazing jurgi pieces... :flower:

5. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

Thanks! :flower:

6. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

Any other thoughts? Anyone?

7. faust

faust New Member

Oh, crap, I keep forgetting to look. I have to leave myself a message or something! I'm sorry. :flower:

8. PinUpGirl

PinUpGirl New Member

That shop is called
    Van Ravenstein
    Keizersgracht 359
    1016EJ Amsterdam
    0031 (0)20-6390067

In that area there are several vintage and new clothingstores, I'll see if I can find a link to a map of that area :flower:

9. PinUpGirl

PinUpGirl New Member

Here's a link in english Shopping

I hope it's helpfull! :rolleyes:

10. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

11. faust

faust New Member

Gudmun, I finally remembered to look in my stash, but that was an article about interior decorating shopping, not clothes. Sorry!

12. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

Thanx anyway ;)

13. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i've heard that Amsterdam is THE place for vintage in Europe, sad but i havent been there YET :cry:

hope you find lots of vintage and share cool addresses with us Gudmun
    enjoy your trip :flower:

14. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I've been wanting to make a more formal trip of Amsterdam rather than just the airport for some time.

There's one vintage shop,I hear,that's quite popular called: 'Lady Day'. I don't know the street address or anything, but it seems that's where almost all of Am'dam's fashion crowd heads to when on a budget and looking for some 'special' things.

And Soft and Faust**,how was Van Ravenstein? They recently opened a flagship,or whatever its called,in Berlin. Not just Belgians,they sell,but they manage to squeeze in a couple of their very own.

15. softgrey

scott---they had tons of jurgi...that's where i saw a lot of his stuff...it was that amazing collection with all the strips of fabric...about 3 yrs ago...the work on these things was amazing...

also carried-dries, ann, margiela,
    i remember the staff was very cool
    i also bought a magazine there called baby---it was a cool mag...

16. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

scott---they had tons of jurgi...that's where i saw a lot of his stuff...it was that amazing collection with all the strips of fabric...about 3 yrs ago...the work on these things was amazing...

also carried-dries, ann, margiela,
    i remember the staff was very cool
    i also bought a magazine there called baby---it was a cool mag... [/b][/quote]
    I've been curious about that shop since seeing their ads in Purple magazine every issue. Almost every popular Belgian seems to be showcased in some fashion there.

I know of 'Baby' btw. Never seen it though but from what some friends have said it is indeed quite cool.

17. faust

faust New Member

I would love to tell you, but unfortunately it was already closed when we stumbled upon it, and we had to leave early next day. We were leaving for Antwerp, so I did not feel that bad :lol: .

18. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Amsterdam shopping

going there soon and was wondering where the places to shop are.
    will be living there for a while so was wondering if the clothes are on the expensive side or whether i'll just start up a wardrobe over there. i hope...:blush: :p

19. DaraKaye

DaraKaye New Member

I am going there too, and I would like to know must-go stores and things to do over there also!!! thanks!

20. RobbertJan

RobbertJan New Member

go to velvet at the magna plaza, the pc hooftstraat ofcourse and check www.superfuture.com for reviews, at the homepage go to more cities at the left and select a'dam, you can view a map with al the hotspots and click on a store for a review, a'dam is great btw!! good luck and have fun there