An apron?

BettyCooper

Reaction score
I got a 40's apron its sunny yellow with red and green flowers [sounds brighter than it is] but very delicate and pretty. I can't for the life of me find a plain black full skirt to wear it with does anyone know where I could get one. I live in the city.

And perhaps others who have aprons could post some pics of how they wear them. I love the idea of it but I feel it could look too "housewifey practical" if done wrong. Thanks everyone!

I think it would look good with a full skirt, no matter the colour. or maybe even with a pencil skirt or shorts..

post pictures of yourself wearing it with different thighs! I don't have an apron at the moment, so I don't really know what it goes best with

does anyone know where to get some cute aprons...?
the kind that are like a pinafore...

i know that vintage stores probably have these...
but i need one that i can actually use in the kitchen and then throw in the wash...

suggestions?

thanks quimby...
they def have some cute things...but didn't find anything that really suited my style...

i picked up a really inexpensive one today at an outlet store and i think it will serve the purpose for the time being...
and the price was right!...$12.99...
:P

it's a blue and white print which i hope will hide whatever it is i am bound to spill all over it!...

:lol:...

I've got a plastic coated apron from Ireland with illustrations of all their wildflowers...
I came back from Tokyo with three aprons that are awesome...
I got another good one in Iceland...
I dig aprons!!!

^_^...

my parents have been having a clear out and I found some stuff in their garage...
among them are two denim work aprons which belonged to my grandfather who was a carpenter!!!
:heart::heart::heart:

they are in rough shape so I plan to restore them and stuff...
but- omg...
how cool is that?!?!?

:buzz::buzz::buzz:

:bounce:

I got my apron from the Cat Gallery. It has green and red flowers and a black cat on it. I wear it for cooking as I tend to make a bit of a mess and spill things!

I have a Hedley & Bennett (their thing is "artisanal" aprons) "Michael Gray" model made of canvas.... I originally gave it to my mom for Christmas years ago, but she never used it. I found it in her kitchen drawer under some folded rags and claimed it....

It's this one:
Michael_Gray_WEB3.jpg

hedleyandbennett.com

You need this in your life, from Gaultier. (farfetch.com)

12520851_11813551_480.jpg

12520851_11813560_480.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->