Ana Barbosa

Discussion in 'Femmes' started by lanvinray, Feb 18, 2019.

1. lanvinray

lanvinray Well-Known Member

Brazilian newbie :heart:

[​IMG]

models.com

2. lanvinray

JW Anderson F/W 2019 London (C) :buzz:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

vogue

3. Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa Well-Known Member

Prada FW 2019 Milan (Exclusive)
    [​IMG]
    vogue

4. lanvinray

Christian Dior F/W 2019 Paris :magic:

[​IMG]

vogue

5. Mea Culpa

HEIGHT: 179 CM / 5'10.5"
    BUST: 72 CM / 28.5"
    WAIST: 60 CM / 23.5"
    HIPS: 89 CM / 35"
    SHOE: EU39.0 / US8.0 / UK6.0
    HAIR: black
    EYES: brown
    INSTAGRAM: @_anabarbos
    AGENCIES: Titanium (London) | The Lab (Milan) | Wilhelmina (NY) | Blow (Barcelona) | Oxygen (SaoPaulo)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    titaniummanagement

6. Mea Culpa

Meet the Brazilian Ana Barbosa, international model that is unfolding China
    Letícia Manosso 2018-07-1
    [​IMG]

Going through the Instagram of the model Ana Barbosa , it is impossible not to fall in love with the photos and realize the professional work that the Brazilian is doing in Guangzhou, China!

Ana is a native of Minas Gerais, is 19 years old and has been working in China for almost 9 months as a model.

Rio Magazine invited the Brazilian to a special interview, with the aim of inspiring young Brazilians who dream the same way. Especially those who do not believe in the fashion market for blacks, here is a great example of breaking barriers!

[​IMG]

Come on?

Rio Magazine: Tell us a little bit about yourself!
    Ana: I was born in the city of Uberaba, Minas Gerais. I am Aryan, I was born on the 30th of March (19 years). I was forced to mature very quickly at the age of 15, when I suffered the loss of my parents.
    Since then, my focus has been to give a good and safe life to my maternal grandmother and my brother (11 years, currently).

Before becoming a model, I worked as a young apprentice in the human resources department at a Lojas Cem branch. I did some small courses focused on computing, administration, catwalk classes, and body savvy. I took part in some excursions to meet the Projac (studio of Rede Globo) and conduct training parades.
    I like to keep an active life. Since I was a kid I used to cry to win books and when that happened, I spent a lot of time in bed enjoying the stories. Nowadays, my hobby is to make calls to Brazil.
    My friends say that I am a very playful person, with a smile that takes away the sadness of the environment, a reliable girl, sincere, strong mentally, super humble, partner, psychologist, affectionate, but sometimes a little thing of the sign hits and I lose my patience ! That being said, who am I to disagree right ?!

[​IMG]

Rio Model: How did you start your career as a model?
    Ana: A lot of people were telling my mother that I had to be a volleyball player, a basketball player or a model because of my height and beauty.
    I tried to play, I failed, a disaster for the team.
    I continued studying.
    There is a clothing store in my town called Linamarina, which holds an annual contest, to elect "THE GIRL year two thousand and such".
    I decided to participate and the participants had to go to the agency to get the rules, I went.
    They loved my profile and told me that regardless of the result I should go back there and get to know their work better. I did not even pass from the first phase of the contest rsrsrs, the first parade of life!

I was curious to know about W ASSIS MODELS AGENCY. I came back after a while and started taking lessons on the catwalk with them, soon began the events and trips to put everything into practice.

[​IMG]

That's how I started to like the profession, but I had a vision that it would be impossible.
    Ana : When I finished high school I decided to move to São Paulo for 1 year to leverage my modeling career, if it did not work, I would go to the Faculty of Administration.

It's not easy to stay there if you do not have a job. So I advise you to make a financial reservation before you go.
    What did I do? I printed some of my photos and went to do a test at the agency Oxygen Models. With the grace of God, the result was positive and the process of excellent opportunities with strong competition began.
    My focus was to participate in SPFW and Creator's House events , in my head if I only managed 1 parade of each, I would be super hyper accomplished!
    And with much moral support from the agencies of Uberaba and São Paulo, this goal has been achieved and even exceeded!
    I did other work for Sampa as well, to obtain a photographic material that really sold me to the international market.

[​IMG]

Rio magazine: How did you end up in China?
    Ana :
    Through castings (tests) I performed at the agency of São Paulo and also through the material I got in about 5 months.
    My International Booker was able to work me virtually, in the language of the models this is called "Direct booking".
    In less than a year, I received the news of the approval of the 4-month contract in Shanghai / China.

[​IMG]

Rio magazine: What do you think of the fashion market in China?
    Ana : I can not say that here is the mother place of fashion, however many brands know how to reproduce a job with great creativity, so much that they forget the time and even the physical state of the model.

Here there is room for all profiles, there are some preferences for the Russian women, because they live in the country on the side, consequently it becomes more agile to bring them. But even so, here is ALL kind of model.

China is the faculty of industry and personal being.

[​IMG]

Rio Magazine: What are the challenges of a black model in a market so focused on Caucasian models? We know things are changing and new doors are opening! What do you have to say about this?
    Ana : I left Brazil with gossips in my ear that I would be going to the worst market for black models.
    I simply paid to see. And we can note that here I have been developing a lot , making 7 poses in 10 seconds or less is not a little teaching.
    Ana: The market for us is only more objective, if the client idealized a campaign with black model, you are guaranteed.
    If not, okay, you will not get caught looking for trouble on you.
    I'm currently in Guangzhou, and here, for a long time, they still had a more closed mind, thinking that only blondes or light-skinned males would sell their due product.
    But some Chinese study the boom of Europe with black models and were creating attitudes of risk.
    So much so that I'm the first black woman hired by the agency here, I'm loving the experience, I do not stay long, busy jobs and crazy.

Conclusion, the not everyone already has, just fight for the sim!
    Rio Magazine: What are your objectives as a model? Do you see yourself living in Asia in the next few years or do you want to go back to Brazil?
    Ana : My goal is to explore the world, learn to communicate in more languages, work with diverse cultures.
    With that I still have a desire to open a modeling agency and clothing store.
    I see myself living in Brazil after a few years, I flew with the purpose to seek cultivating fruits, everything here is much more evolved, but my heart is in my cradle!

[​IMG]

Rio Magazine: Tell us some bizarre / interesting situation that you already spent there in China!
    Ana : Eita! Every day something different happens to you.

The winning situation is that the Chinese have spit and spit on the floor from anywhere, a friend even found in a sink at the subway station.

But the epic day for me was when I finished a casting and my Booker was calling a Uber for me. 5 minutes later she sends me a print showing that there were 40 people in front of us, it would take more than 50 minutes.
    It started to rain very hard and the streets look like they were not designed properly, ie, flood!
    Time goes by, time comes, 1 and a half hours had passed and I was still waiting inside the garage of the casting site, my battery dropped to 10% and then finally a car became available, but with a though I should go up an avenue because his car could not pass through the puddles.
    I was outraged by this, especially as the battery put me in the hand, after much discussion in the translator with this Chinese, I saw that I would have no choice, or faced that filthy water, or I would sleep there.
    I went walking, kicking, screaming, crying, laughing, imagining animals and praying not to catch any disease!
    His location was a bit confusing, along with the upset in the city, so I found the street and the correct car, I looked at my cell phone and got a bye bye, 0%!
    It was a funny experience because I had never been through a flood and it showed me another way to get along with Chinese.

For today the interview ends here!
    Thank you Ana for participating! We love inspiring stories here!
    http://www.rio-magazine.com/conheca...a-internacional-que-esta-desbravando-a-china/
    *Translated by google

7. lanvinray

Elie Saab F/W 2019 Paris (O)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Loewe F/W 2019 Paris

[​IMG]

vogue

8. Mea Culpa