ANDAM 2024

Well deserved. I used to intern for him, one of the nicest ones out there. Kind of bittersweet news here in Australia: 2 Australian designers who graduated in the same year (Christopher Esber, Dion Lee) are in the press at the same time. Chris winning ANDAM and Dion Lee going into administration.

Well deserved. I used to intern for him, one of the nicest ones out there. Kind of bittersweet news here in Australia: 2 Australian designers who graduated in the same year (Christopher Esber, Dion Lee) are in the press at the same time. Chris winning ANDAM and Dion Lee going into administration.
Dion Lee is going into administration??? Well, can´t say I am totally shocked by it (judging by his change of style in the last years)...but still, it´s sad taking into account his clothes used to be interesting.

Great coup for Christopher, but I'm pretty shocked to hear about Dion Lee although that does explain all the "outlet sale" ads I've been getting from the brand.

I never enjoyed the shift he made with his aesthetic, just sad to see another Aussie label going bust but hopefully Dion can find some investors or backers to pump some extra cash and support in. The shift in look probably alienated a lot of the prior clientele and the attempt at courting a younger audience obviously has its risk because rarely do they have the money to purchase things even at that price range consistently.

So damn sad to hear about Dion Lee. He created some of the most stunning looks and interesting fashion last decade. It makes sense why he made this unappealing changes to his label in order to survive, yet he lost a lot of his OG fanbase because of that.

On the other hand, I'm super happy about Christopher Esber's very well deserved price. I am a sucker for almost everything he creates. Hopefully he will, unlike Lee, stay afloat and creative.

Australian fashion has been a favorite of mine for a decade. It's still an emerging scene (remember Ellery?), but they are so much better than the German and Scandinavian fashion scene, it's not even funny. I love their elegant, subversive and feminine take on minimalism so different to the boring and bland typical minimal fashion that a lot of Scandinavian brands offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->