Angelica Cheung Leaves Vogue China as EIC

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Interesting clip, but my God, that host is such a campy delight. Big 80s hair, lost of gold, all-out glamour. She's actually such an anomaly, the type of woman you hardly ever see in fashion magazines because they believe glamour is extinct.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  2. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

I never knew how approachable and seemingly down-to-earth, and just frank, Angelica is. While looking like a Rei-clone, she seems so self-aware and so pragmatic. I do like the (unintentional?) dig at Anna and Alexandra by leaving them out when she stated she aimed for VC to be on the same high standard as Franca’s and Carine’s Vogue. And that Vogue Me was for the me me me millienials. This woman is so aware of the times we’re living in-- no wonder she's leaving.

3. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Not everything is a dig at Anna. Back when Vogue China launched, maybe even today, the big four Vogues could be split evenly into two camps: the commercial editions (US/UK) and the High Fashion editions (Paris/Italia). The irony is that, even though, Angelica may have aimed at the latter category, Her Vogue most definitely fit into the former.

MON, Benn98 and 0st3nd like this.
  4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Especially with Vogue China's obsession with celebrities. Without the famous Chinese actresses who regularly appear in this magazine, VC would never have been this big and sought-after because celebrity culture in China is as big in fashion as it is in America. I see zero correlations between VC and VP/VI at all, not even in the basic sense. It's more an artsier version of US Vogue than anything.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Anna having a hand in selecting the new EIC will go along swimmingly! I mean, her choice in EICs are famously stunning, right?

via The Guardian:

Cheung’s last day with the company, 8 December, will be 16 years to the day that she started at the magazine. Her successor has not been announced. The US Vogue editor-in-chief, Anna Wintour, will be involved in the handover.

In an internal statement, Li Li, the managing editor of the publisher Conde Nast in China, wrote: “[Wintour] will work closely with me and Denise Suen, our managing editor of Vogue, to ensure a smooth transition and maintain the exceptional level of content our audiences expect. I’m also excited that our team in China will have a chance to work with Anna.”

6. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

I LOOOOOOOOVED that video :woot::heart: thank you so much for sharing it.

MDNA likes this.
  7. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

Bryan Boy thinks that influencer Margaret Zhang will be the next EIC. He posted it on Twitter

8. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Isn’t she an influencer? Hmmmmmmmm...... but nevertheless, I remain hopeful. I mean, look at Miss Leslie. She reimagined Vogue Taiwan and is actually doing a decent job.

I do hope that she becomes her own person and not one of Anna’s pawns.

Lol @ Bryanboy leaking these stuff. Someone broke confidentiality.

9. Hafyiez wafa

Hafyiez wafa Well-Known Member

10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

LOL. That will never happen, sorry. This edition is too important and would need someone with a lot more experience. Even if the job description would only entail editing the main magazine.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  11. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like this is just Bryanboy and his gang wanting to be relevant.

gunsnroses, RedSmokeRise and Benn98 like this.
  12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's what I think as well. A way for people to start talking about Margaret Zhang again.
    Pretty embarrassing if you ask me but then again she is an influencer so go figure.

13. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

BOF