Ann Demeulemeester Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

:woot: I love the pants! And the whole stylings are cool!

I loooooooooooove it! It's so dark omg. I think I would love to see more colours anytime but I love love love ADORE everything

What kind of f***ery is this vampire thing! ugh, I can't even...:angry:....this is why I stopped seeing the collections on tfs, some ppl gets so borderline silly with their comments SO quickly! and it's really easy to catch (I really hope I wasn't like this when I joined tfs :ninja:), Give the collections and what you write a though before posting, at least watch the collection in HQ! also tfs is not a good place for seeing the collections because one can get's so caught with all the ads and whatever the poster above said and it really mess with what YOU really think about it.

Not sure why some people are getting bent out of shape by the vampire comments. Comparing this to Twilight is silly and doesn't make sense. Saying that this collection has a glamorously undead vein running through it is pretty fitting I think, especially in the second half of the collection when she amps up the glamour. The clothes are dark, extremely sexy, elegant, a bit extravagant in those gorgeous black feather pieces, and a bit on the dangerous side....last time I checked that's how a lot of people think of vampires, no?

I'm really loving it, especially how unapologetically extreme it gets in places. There's something almost aggressive about it that makes for a nice change from her usual melancholy romance.

it's obvious there are a lot of young people on these boards who probably aren't all-too familiar with ann or her history,so this is most-likely the only reference point they have at the moment.

no this collection has more of mid-century element to it...kind of a continued mood from her previous autumn collection built upon with new elements.

I love, love, LOVE this collection~ It's well draped, yet has a strong construction. I'd wear it, I'm actually quite inspired now XD
Updated jodhpurs? LOVE them to death.

Ann can always make her boys utterly beautiful and mysterious.

it's obvious there are a lot of young people on these boards who probably aren't all-too familiar with ann or her history,so this is most-likely the only reference point they have at the moment.

no this collection has more of mid-century element to it...kind of a continued mood from her previous autumn collection built upon with new elements.
Or perhaps they simply see this and immediately think of the vampire archetype that's been hugely influenced by authors like Bram Stoker and Anne Rice.

I don't think that knowing a designer's history inside and out has anything to do with seeing certain references in a collection, especially since what you see is completely personal.

2s93x1i.jpg

catwalking.com

avcthecoralseaphoto.jpg

outsideleft.com

Robert Mapplethorpe, anyone?

This is perfection!
I was so lucky being able to see the women collection live for SS10!

I think in Anne's Fantasy black dominates, I accept this and i love it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->