Ann Demeulemeester Men's F/W 2020.21 Paris

The men’s offering in black and that touch of burnt-orange are gorgeously regal. The merging of masculine and feminine sensuality is achingly-beautifully executed, and in a manner that’s earthbound-accessible and not just impossibly romantic in concept. It reminds me of when Ann debuted her menswear in the mid90s.

Everything else— including the Midsomer druid maidens, should have been scrapped.

is it just me or does this feel more relevant than it has for a very long time? Most of it here is gorgeous in an understated way, and more relaxed and effortlessly sensual than past seasons. Agree with the Midsomar Maidens though @Phuel

The autumn theme is so on the nose but the shearling looks are too good to be dismissed they have this faun-ends-up-partying-at-Studio54 vibe I'm digging.

I still find his designs too fussy & poorly fitted. Ann's pieces always had a real ease to them.

His menswear is just flawless. Romantic, poetic, sensual, perfect blur of genders.

I was aprehensive, after last spring, but this just hits the right spot. We've talked at length on this forum about what the right balance between masculine and feminine in men's collections (and for the record, I don't think there's a right or wrong as long as it's appealing), but this is really sexy in both the sharp, tradional way and the lanky, feminine way at the same time, which is even more remarkable when you consider how many people (this season's Ludovic de Sait Sernin comes to mind first) try much harder than this for the same effect and fail. One of the best collections of the season for sure.

We've talked at length on this forum about what the right balance between masculine and feminine in men's collections (and for the record, I don't think there's a right or wrong as long as it's appealing), but this is really sexy in both the sharp, tradional way and the lanky, feminine way at the same time, which is even more remarkable when you consider how many people (this season's Ludovic de Saint Sernin comes to mind first) try much harder than this for the same effect and fail.
I hate how this comment semi-predicted the future with St Sernin...

Are we all looking at the same thing?

The menswear has a nice vibe (I guess), but those little leaf brooches don't look like they are part of the clothes, and all that's left is deeply questionable use of lace, hideous roadkill-adjacent fur jackets, clingy semi-sheer pants that will look terrible on non-models, mixed-gauge knits that evoke the very worst of Rodarte, and some sloppy velvet "tailoring." The silhouettes are okay but the textures are mostly oddly gross.

The womenswear is hilariously bad -- usually it's the other way around.

Ann D was never a brand I bought from, but there were always things I liked, from floral embroideries to badass high-top sandals. There isn't a single item in this collection I would want for free.

Are we all looking at the same thing?

The menswear has a nice vibe (I guess), but those little leaf brooches don't look like they are part of the clothes, and all that's left is deeply questionable use of lace, hideous roadkill-adjacent fur jackets, clingy semi-sheer pants that will look terrible on non-models, mixed-gauge knits that evoke the very worst of Rodarte, and some sloppy velvet "tailoring." The silhouettes are okay but the textures are mostly oddly gross.

The womenswear is hilariously bad -- usually it's the other way around.

Ann D was never a brand I bought from, but there were always things I liked, from floral embroideries to badass high-top sandals. There isn't a single item in this collection I would want for free.

THANK YOU

Everyone is giving LdSS a hard time but honestly it was better than this WACK bullsh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"