Ann Demeulemeester S/S 05 Paris

:heart: this :
00040f.jpg

:woot: :woot: :heart: :heart:

I really, really like this collection. The orange and black reminds me of Halloween.... but I love Halloween so that's a good thing.

Now if only I could afford designer clothes...

ann has had quite the obsession with the color orange in the past couple of seasons...i love the deconstruction as usual...but it felt just a touch repititve. i would like to see some exploration of new ideas mixed in with her aesthetic.

I don't know Mike. I completely respect the philosophy of sticking to one's style. And she explores and refines things. As far as the orange,are you sure that she's been doing it for the past couple seasons? I don't remember seeing orange in any of her collections since Autumn 2000. Hardly repetitive.

As far as that exploration,I see alot of new shapes and proportions in this. That's what her work is solely based around anyway.

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 8 2004, 12:52 PM
As far as the orange,are you sure that she's been doing it for the past couple seasons?
[snapback]390370[/snapback]​

Spring/Summer 2004

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 8 2004, 01:26 PM
Spring/Summer 2004
[snapback]390394[/snapback]​

yeah...but there was no orange for fall...so ....

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 8 2004, 09:07 AM
colour?!?!?!!!!!!...

thanks for the quick pics runner...
[snapback]390165[/snapback]​
:shock: ditto.

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 8 2004, 01:30 PM
yeah...but there was no orange for fall...so ....
[snapback]390401[/snapback]​

Is that really orange? I've seen other pictures of that same dress and it always looked red to me.

Originally posted by helena@Oct 8 2004, 11:42 AM
maybe its just a personal thing but I hate orange clothes. I just find it too heavy & hard edged...as a total look.
[snapback]390247[/snapback]​

You are not alone. :unsure: :innocent:

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 8 2004, 01:49 PM
Is that really orange? I've seen other pictures of that same dress and it always looked red to me.
[snapback]390421[/snapback]​
Looks red to me.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 8 2004, 07:01 AM
Hmmm, some of it I love, not too keen on the rest, I'd say 50/50. I love the shoes, and I'm glad she reintroduced the motorcycle boot (that means I might have another chance of getting it!). That boot is incredible. I don't like the boxier looks and the very long tassles. With Ann, of course, God is in the details, so the final judgement is reserved until I see it in stores. The current season was definitely stronger.
[snapback]390108[/snapback]​
I agree totally, faust.

The menswear looks like Dior Homme to me.

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 8 2004, 02:46 PM
I agree totally, faust.

The menswear looks like Dior Homme to me.
[snapback]390482[/snapback]​

Hedi will never admit it, but Ann was doing his type of men's clothes long before him...

BTW, guys, did you notice the black strap sandals? They are beautiful.

im liking the first men's look the most..
not really a fan of the orange either though

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 8 2004, 11:49 AM
[snapback]390421[/snapback]​

it's a burnt orange

i like the menswear quite a lot and just very few pieces from the collection (like the white dress with the face on it)
in general, i find this style very tiring and a bit OLD

thanks so much for the pics runner and everyone else :flower:

i dont like it.........it just looks like its all falling apart

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->