Ann Demeulemeester S/S 10 Paris

From a space, will also be back to where the.

Gorgeous black & jewelry

What a disappointment... :yuk:

That print is so obnoxious and frankly, rather hideous. Florals and Ann Demeulemeester? In what alternate universe? Also, add me to the list of the zipper haters! Exposed zippers seems like such a cheap ploy in Ann's realm. Light-years behind what she is truly capable of. Overall, the collection seems to be the work of an over zealous up-and-comer rather than the work of an established designer who has truly paved the way and carved her own niche. Very odd, especially since business is obviously booming... :innocent:

every time i come back to look at this instead of getting closer to it i get more distant. i hate the big bird feather pattern, but im not a fan of huge bold patterns anyway. shoes are fab but been done alot recently, even though im sure hers are much higher quality then most others. she has unique wide footbeds, great heels and they always are a perfectly balanced look. i just wish something else from the collection wooed me so i could use the shoes to accessorize an outift from it, but sadly not.

If I could say some negative words, that's the eagle prints, yes too much zippers, but I don't hate them.

haha i didnt even notice they were zippers (thought they were chains) until up close shots.

i love this, especially the print. although it looks sometimes too messy, i like the overall look of this!

^ Ann has recently experienced a surge in popularity, I am sure this has impacted the financial side of her business in a very positive manner.

^so much so that people started thinking that she's being influenced rather than she being an influence on the mainstream

givenchy, mixed with lanvin and with gucci (thiss eason)...that's nice :smile: :smile:

Except for the prints, I found this collection as Ann at her best. It's very beautiful, especially for its dark looks.

I want to see a close-up of the shoes. They remind me of Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony's wedges.

I think the zippers and chains are not at all too much. They're integrated in a very flawless way helping to create and form the whole piece and not just obnoxiously thrown on. It's a very mechanical twist.

oh Ann, how do you always manage to steal my heart season after season? This is sensational in every level

For someone (ME!) who wears black day and night, this collection is definitely the best. Kudos! (Y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->