Ann Demeulemeester S/S 11 Paris

soooooooo goooood!! amazing collection by Ann! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ann has convinced me to start wearing white pants again!
Seriously, it's just... :heart:

It's such a relief that there aren't only boring, repetitive designers in the fashion world. I love you, Ann :heart:

I love the 3/4 length fitted black trousers, with the fitted jacket on top. Very, very nice, oh and the boots as well. Great styling there.

it's so urban warrior...
makes me want to go out and kick some a**...
:boxer:...

:lol:...

this is too beautiful for words !!
:wub:
tumblr_l9l01o0nST1qatmbuo1_r1_400.jpg

style.it via laritournelle

It resonates quite well with her last mens collection, which I LOVED. Her natural flare for new cuts and angles is overwhlemingly positive. She should be canonized for this.

Maybe it's just me but I gasped looking at these catwalk photos because everything is so beautiful.

Ahhhh... I'm a real sucker for anything Ann does, not the least ashamed to say. :lol:

The tailoring is incredible. Kind of remind me of Haider Ackermann last season but in a good way. I love both designers

Queen Ann's womenswear collections never disappoints.

Love this lean, mean but gentle silhouette she's created. The deconstructed, fragmented pieces resemble beautiful and delicate armor; in a sense, this is how brilliant the Balenciaga collection would have been if Nicolas didn't mess it up with the gaudy patterns. And in another sense, this is how I would imagine Helmut Lang to have evolved to-- if he were still designing.

It's very Helmut Lang: the layered pieces, the military and utilitarian touches, the armory, the leanness, the cool and effortless elegance...

It's amazing how after all these years, Ann has never compromised her style: As beautiful a collection as it is, it's not very commercial; except for the fencing-inspired jackets and some vests and tops, I can't really see the remainder of the collection translated well, or practically, for the mere mortal. But I suppose what will sell, will sell very well, and be coveted and prized by the wearer with such a strong and nearly flawless collection to back it up.

Good going Queen Ann.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the music in the video what she actually played at the show?

It's such a relief that there aren't only boring, repetitive designers in the fashion world. I love you, Ann :heart:

I think boring and repetitive arent exactly the same... Ann is very repetitive but it never bores me.

Designers who explore more concepts (like Miuccia, Nicolas, or as did McQueen) have a tendency to surprise you from time to time with their collections and you can clearly pinpoint an inspiration. Designers like Ann, Yohji, or perhaps the Mulleavys however, are no doubt excellent designers but repetitive nonetheless. This collection isn't surprising coming from Ann, but it's amazing.

Dear Ann,
you are amazing. never change. ever.
Love, tFS:heart::wub:

But really, I love how she consistently delivers astounding and hauntingly beautiful work season after season without ever loosing her aesthetics. Truly the best

I think boring and repetitive arent exactly the same... Ann is very repetitive but it never bores me.

Designers who explore more concepts (like Miuccia, Nicolas, or as did McQueen) have a tendency to surprise you from time to time with their collections and you can clearly pinpoint an inspiration. Designers like Ann, Yohji, or perhaps the Mulleavys however, are no doubt excellent designers but repetitive nonetheless. This collection isn't surprising coming from Ann, but it's amazing.

i completely agree with this. i wouldn't call them 'repetitive' with all of the negatives that implies in the fashion world so much as 'incremental.' it's in the details that these designers dazzle us.....and ann has given us that here in spades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->