AnOther Magazine F/W 2017.18

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
source | instagram 2bmanagement

Attachments

• IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 60
My goodness this set-up is template for Peter. It's really tiring.

There's a Dior cover by Craig McDean and a Dries cover by Collier Schorr. Both are really poor covers in my opinion :cry:

When I say poor, I'm sure the Dior cover has been paid for.... It looks that way..... Last season's hot story.....

The Dior cover is not only poor, but so depressing. Especially for an indie. All the girls look terrible and they must've been forced on McDean. I am however keen to see how he'll handle the archival pieces.

Despite the lack of originality with the Lindbergh cover, I really like that shot. It's something different not only for Another, but also for Solange. The effortless setting and pose works well with the dramatic styling.
And the b&w portrait shot of of the girl with the gamine haircut also looks good on Collier Schorr's cover. In fact, they should've used only that one. Or maybe Guinevere's (?) right next to it.

I want to like Rooney Mara's cover but for me it's nothing new. Regular Another readers will lap this one up, I'm sure.

They still have some readers?

I agree with you B98 that the Solange is probably the better cover. But this magazine feels more tired and dated than ever :(

Peter’s may be same old same old, but at least it’s a distinct personality. I just can’t stand the tired styling. Rather see her in just a white wifebeater and men’s trousers. She’s gorgeous enough for that spartan styling.

That Collier person though… My God, talk about a lobotomized entity: It’s like David Sims and Craig McDean stripped off any personality and impact. At her best if I;m particularly generous, she mildly reminds me of Sean Ellis’ test shots, before the composition and lighting were refined. She’s just so deathly bland. I’d rather take Kim K showing out with her selfies. At least Kim’s registers some personality.

Another, along with Another Man, were the highlights of by magazine shopping spree in 2009… In 2017, American Interview is it.

Probably more readers than your beloved Pop

Really grimm? Pop sells out here in Toronto always. Another magazine just hangs around at Indigo bookshop a bit depressingly.

Pop has colourful, contemporary covers. Well written, clever coverlines. Another's cover says - "Fashion worlds, creative spheres, cultural shifts"

That reads like some really bad advertsing agency copy.... I note Pop always gets 5 times the audience on this website too....

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to even compare the two. I always saw AnOther as a grownup-oriented Dazed, with the structure of Encens, but totally commercial purposes. Serious in its approach to every aspect of the content from the beginning, down to actors on covers portrayed as actors. Whereas POP was from day one this glossy, shallow, controversy and celeb-starved publication that once platforms shifted, left its former spot for Love and somehow ended up wanting to lecture us about art every season in that super tumblr-ish way fashion does: art but just the 2x1, eye-smacking, unquestionable kind those fashion readers that want to feel like they're reading more than just fashion (and embodying the zeitgeist) want.

So yeah, comparing the two seems as pointless as wanting to compare Rika and something like, yeah, Love.. of course the latter has more readers, and it's bigger, easier, and more successful.. different strokes..

Wow, the Nickerson and McConnell edits are exceptional! Definitely need to see more of these two in other editions. Nickerson's shots are just so easy on the eye and not pretentious (considering the magazine) at all. And McConnell's midnight garden was perfect for Gucci! So moody and theatrical. I want to like Johnny Dufort's edit, but it's too clichéd. But watch how M&M will rip this off thinking they're 'edgy'.
His followers will call it 'signature', but I feel like Willy Vanderperre proves each time how limited his style is. God, how many times have we seen these images?? A David Sims he is not, and never will be.

CLOTHES FOR HEROES
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo
Hair: Tina Outen
Make-Up: Thomas De Kluyver
Models: Saskia de Brauw, Daan Duez, Henry Kitcher & Joseph Signoret

anothermag.com

AnOther Magazine Autumn/Winter 2017.18

Rooney Mara

Photographer: Tim Walker
Styling: Katie Shillingford
Hair Styling: Shon