AnOther Magazine S/S 2011 : Jennifer, Andrea, Lea & Mia by David Sims

Reaction score
100596.jpg

For the debut issue in AnOther Magazine's second decade, we decided to look towards the future of cinema, celebrating an international A-list of rising young actresses. Captured on four kaleidoscopic covers by David Sims, these rising stars constitute a bright new generation of acting talent.

Inside our celebratory issue Editor in Chief Jefferson Hack looks back at the stories behind the making of a decade of AnOther Magazine covers, and AnOther’s innovative stable of photographers and stylists including David Sims & Olivier Rizzo, Nick Knight & Alister Mackie, Willy Vanderperre & Jane How, Paolo Roversi & Olivier Rizzo, Serge Leblon & Camille Bidault Waddington take AnOther into its second decade in full, glorious colour.

Elsewhere, The Alphabet Project brings together art and the written word, featuring original work by Keith Tyson, Francesco Vezzoli, Miranda July, Susan Hiller and John Baldessari; and, in a fantasy celebration of fashion and food Givenchy, Lanvin, Gucci, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Gareth Pugh, Christian Louboutin, Vivienne Westwood, Burberry and Philip Treacy reveal their sketches for the ultimate designer birthday cakes for AnOther Magazine’s tenth birthday party.

This issue of Document, AnOther's 32-page literary magazine-within-a-magazine, celebrates the world’s greatest parties, celebrations, and hangovers; and in the build up to the awards season, The Oscar Letters reveals an exclusive account of the golden era of Hollywood, including unpublished letters and interviews with Princess Grace of Monaco, Joan Crawford, Sir Laurence Olivier, Frank Sinatra, Alec Guinness and Sophia Loren.
anothermag

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I like it, but it's very far from David Sims' usual style. I would have never thought it was his work.

ya it's a complete change from what Sims used to do for Vogue but I actually don't like that, it looks fake/paint disaster; I'd say Mia's face is the best here but still it's not an amazing shot and that "fake" treatment on the covers ruins them in my opinion.

Is David Sims trying to do an Andy Warhol style? Nonetheless, I think all of these 4 covers look good. Love Mia's cover more. :smile:

Incrdeibly ugly covers. Not one looks appealing. In fact they all look depressing.

I don't mind the colour treatment to be honest. Can't wait to see it in print, the content sounds really promising as well

this is definitely eyecatching, i just love how this looks so different from the usual. i don't see the big deal on
the colors as well, i actually find Sims' Warholian take to be quite refreshing. atleast it's not gray anymore :P

another_10th_anniversary_issue_20_j.jpg

art8amby.wordpress

I really dislike them all but I suppose they will look a bit more endearing IRL.

I want Mia's cover really bad. I had a strong feeling she and Jennifer would get covers. I'm happy that Lea got one as well, but I don't really like it. I like Andrea's cover, though I don't know who she is. I thought it was Emmy Rossum when I first saw it.

I usually love David Sims' work, but I don't like this at all. its very Warhol-esque.
might look better in print though

I don't particularly like any of the covers but the one I think least bad is Mia's.

I really like this, it varies from previous Another covers

They all look awesome :heart:.. I'm thinking Lea's will be the most eye-catchy in person, I hope I can get my hands on it, though I have a feeling Jennifer's cover will be the only choice at my nearest B&N. :doh:

Now I'm excited to see who made it to Another Man's cover.. since the womens version is usually the least interesting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the effect of the covers, although not as much Andrea's as the others. Excited to see the contents as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"