Another Unrecognized Designer

parisnewyork

Reaction score
I think that the Paris menswear designer Thomas Engel Hart is way underrated. I found his cloths in "A Store" on Crosby Street in Soho, NYC. Anyone else? Also, there is a website with some pics: www.thomasengelhart.com

Hi. I am a regular customer at A. I wasn't impressed with Thomas' collection though. A. is getting him back for next season. I like Les Hommes better.

Thomas Engel's earlier collections are much better than that 'meathead' collection of last season. Not sure about the new one since I haven't seen. But overall he designs interesting clothes. He trained Studio Berçot after attending Parsons(I think) and then from there he worked with Belgian, Véronique Leroy. He likes to play with that aesthetic of 'rednecks' or 'hillbilly' styles having grown up a bit in North Carolina.

I like Les Hommes too Faust.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 29th, 2004 - 10:43 am
I like Les Hommes too Faust.
Scott, where are you located? I beleive A. has exclusive on Les Hommes in the US.

This collection was nice. I saw it at A as well.
I do, however, agree that Les Hommes is much more my style. I bought a great black shirt w/ all sorts of crazy placket detail by LH at A this fall!
Pete

Originally posted by Pete@Jan 29th, 2004 - 1:40 pm
This collection was nice. I saw it at A as well.
I do, however, agree that Les Hommes is much more my style. I bought a great black shirt w/ all sorts of crazy placket detail by LH at A this fall!
Pete
Yes, I saw that one, it's beautiful. I'm quite short though, so it's hard to find a well fitting shirt for me. No worries, I rewarded myself with a pair of beautiful Ann D. pants with drawstrings and button closings on the legs.

Les Hommes,is a bit more for the daring,I think. In a similar way as Delcour,Simons,Slimane and Schönberger,its all about design-volume,proportion,structure. Like with many Belgians,experimentation is also a key element in their work. Bart Vandebosch(one-half of the duo)was literally praised by headmaster of the Royal Academy, Linda Loppa for his knack for sharp,crisp tailoring. And from what I've seen from them thus far,its very evident.

the clothes weren't bad...kind of....i dunno how to explain it

but for lords sake PLEASE invest in a PHOTOGRAPHER if you want to sell clothes ..his site looks like all the models were standing around drinking and they just took random pics

Originally posted by hilfiger10025@Jan 29th, 2004 - 2:15 pm
the clothes weren't bad...kind of....i dunno how to explain it

but for lords sake PLEASE invest in a PHOTOGRAPHER if you want to sell clothes ..his site looks like all the models were standing around drinking and they just took random pics
Isn't that the intention , Sweetie :innocent:

KIT :wink:

I liek thomases work.

iI lvoe les hommes, and i liek them better than thomas, even though id ount really see a conection between the two. :heart:

That was the intention. Again,like I said,he's somehow connected to where he came from which is the Southern US and all those things transpire into his work. I mean,being in the middle of some woodsy/outdoors smoky atmosphere drinking beer in grubby-looking attire is very much a hillbilly thing. Believe me,I know of this firsthand :yuk: But I didn't like that collection at all because frankly I don't like hillbillies :lol: His first two were far better...a bit more sophisticated and elegant.

But like Space* said,you just can't compare these two because they're both entirely different styles and aesthetics from each other.

I like Les Hommes' work. Their cutting, detail, structure and proportion are good. Thomas is good, too, but Les is more daring. (BTW Why is there a comparison? :huh: )

Sorry for the comparison confusion. I only compared the two because a certain store that looks like is a favorite on Pete's and my lists carries both.

Originally posted by parisnewyork@Jan 29th, 2004 - 4:02 am
I think that the Paris menswear designer Thomas Engel Hart is way underrated. I found his cloths in "A Store" on Crosby Street in Soho, NYC. Anyone else? Also, there is a website with some pics: www.thomasengelhart.com
:heart: Couldn't agree more. Everything he does is an "aha" -- this is what I've been looking for. Perfect!

why there is no one talking about "CLOAK" and INDIGO PEOPLE". I think Cloak did a pretty good job in FALL/WINTER 2003 collection and also the spring and summer 2004 collection. I can't wait to see his next collection.

Originally posted by tristboy@Feb 8th, 2004 - 6:30 am
why there is no one talking about "CLOAK" and INDIGO PEOPLE". I think Cloak did a pretty good job in FALL/WINTER 2003 collection and also the spring and summer 2004 collection. I can't wait to see his next collection.

Who's not talking about Cloak, n00b :P Just teasing :P Check out my post in this thread.
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...opic=5665&st=20

Cloak already has a following in NYC. +, it hangs in Colette, so what does that tell you?

Poke around on this website enough and you'll find EVERYTHING

I liek cloak and Idigo people, btu i doutn fidn eitehr as inspireing as Les Hommes or Thomas engl heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->