Anti Wrinkle / Aging Creams

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 11:07 am
Hello and welcome to tFS fathom :flower:

i'm sticking with my Shiseido "future solutions" guys.
Sorry not to agree that any 2$ face cream can stand by a good anti-rides treatment.. our skin deserves only the best

shiseido face treatments might be a bit expensive but they seriously work miracles :heart: .
this is so true LENA. i had a full lecture the other day on ingredients in facial products. and the outcome was: it IS only th emost expensives that really work. simply because good/effectful ingredients ARE expensive. apparently Creme De La Mer is actually good and worth the money. thats what these beauticians and dermatologists said :unsure:

ps. welcome fathom :flower:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 2:43 pm
. apparently Creme De La Mer is actually good and worth the money. thats what these beauticians and dermatologists said

my sister is using laCreme and she's very happy with it

once you try the best and you see and feel the visible results,
it's hard to go back using something even a little bit 'cheaper' :wink:

skin starts "getting old" from 25 onwards. so maybe around that time. the best is to ask specific people or dermatologists :wink:

when i was in the states, the Clinic saleswoman said that one should start using anti-aging creams at the age of 20 :shock: i thought it was a bit too early =/

Originally posted by Voodoo Doll@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 10:24 pm
one should start using anti-aging creams at the age of 20 :shock: i thought it was a bit too early =/
:blink: far too early.. I believe anti-age is for 30+
using a strong product much earlier does more harm than good,
by the time you actually need anti-age, the skin might be 'immune'
to treatments.

actually i give my skin a 'break' one day every week, so that
it 'breaths'.

there is no such thing as becoming 'immune' to products........because your body isnt trying to fight against it

that only happens with medicines where 2 polars exist trying to achieve different things

thats like saying your body will become 'immune' to vitamins :wacko: it doesnt happen

sorry Lena........i used to think so too.....but its not true

Hey :smile:,

I think both of you are correct. It isn't possible to become immune to products, however it is possible to develop a non-response, take for example anti-aging products such as alpha and beta hydroxy acids. So you are correct in saying you can't become immune to it, however she is correct in saying it is possible to become non-responsive to some products, and a break is required at some intervals.

Originally posted by MaryTylerMoore@Nov 4th, 2003 - 1:08 pm
it is possible to develop a non-response, take for example anti-aging products such as alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
yes, exactly 'immune' was the wrong thing to say, english is not my mother language hence the occasional problem in expressing exactly what i mean ..

anyway, i swear by "future solutions" by Shiseido, its even better than their 'bio-performance' dont ask me why, it just works so well, i'm using this since day one it came out and i highly recommend this to all 30+ FSpotters :wink:

What more can I say...I believe in science, not miracles. :innocent: If there was scientific evidence that expensive creams work better than cheaper ones, I'd be banging down the door of my nearest Department store. But there isn't. So I'll stick to my supermarket brand 30+SPF moisturizer that does a great job for me. :P

I'm skeptical about those anti-aging creams too. I think it partly to do with genetics, and how you take care of your skin. My grandmother uses plain old oil of olay and she looks great for her age!

I just started using moisturizer with sunscreen in the summer months this year. I normally don't need SPF but I feel that the sun gets harsher every year because of climate change (if you have slightly oily skin Vichy Thermal S UV is a great brand). I also avoid wearing foundation whenever possible, and only put it on areas where I feel need coverage. I don't believe it is good for your skin to put it all over your face everyday.

I was wondering as a young 35 year old woman. I have never used anti-aging products, until fairly recently, when i tried Oil of Ulay Regenerist cream. Although at 35 i have not 1 single crease on my face and am happy with it, i am not happy with my bags and would at the drop of a hat use an anti-decreasing lotion.

I wash regularly with cleansing wash/St Ives face scrubs and use freezing cold water to rinse(i actually think my skin is rejuvenated from this) then I use lots of vaseline or very rich base creams as overnight cream when my skin feels a little dry, but during the day tend to use Ulay (normal) which i have been using for more than 15 years.

The question is as my skin is still very young, i was thinking if i start using anti-wrinkle creams now, will i not be putting things on my face that might suddenly make wrinkles appear? :flower:

starting to use anti-wrinkle products too early is rather bad for the skin, but, generally I don't consider 35 as "too early", no offense :wink:
it's glad to hear that you have young skin, but normally the skin is more than ready to age at 35. it would be too late to start using those products when you actually see some lines or wrinkles appearing, you know. I'd suggestion you something more like a prevention rather than an intense anti-wrinkle treatment. and for products like this, you may wanna try the Dior No Age, or the Lancome Primordiale Intense

i dont know if i havent been drinking enough water lately or something, but somethings not right. this past month ive noticed the skin around my eyes has little fine lines and doesnt seem very tight. i'm only 21, i dont think this should be happening! i did tan a lot when i was like 18 but now i completely avoid sunlight. i doubt this would be a factor because those kinds of effects dont show up till later, right? any suggestions?

35 is a very good time for anti-age :wink:

lots of water, no alcohol and good (long) sleep hours will bring you back in shape smashin :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 5th, 2004 - 6:58 pm
35 is a very good time for anti-age :wink:

lots of water, no alcohol and good (long) sleep hours will bring you back in shape smashin :flower:
All that plus great genes :wink:

I would recommend la prairie skincare, they have awesome anti ageing products.

MissPurple - No offence taken.

Thanx guys, i'm frighten to try new products especially on my face and hair. Out of all the creams mentioned which would you suggest i give a try :neutral: :important:

Clarins
La prairie
Dior no age etc....

i'd say go for "Bio Performance" by Shiseido , LaPrairie is also very good :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->