Anti Wrinkle / Aging Creams

Four words for you: Creme de la mer, It works quite well for both mature skin and younger skin it keeps the skin moisturized and smooth but at 22 you don't really need it you could try it though

Originally posted by Gboy+Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gboy @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 12th, 2004 - 10:12 pm
I think at 22 it's a bit early to use those intensive anti aging/wrinkle treatments.
may start them around 27?
for now you can try the Dior No Age, it's more like a prevention and keeps your skin young and healthy.
...hmmm :wink:i`ve heard before about DIOR`s -No Age range,but i ll try to try it.(would you preffer buying the all range,or just something from it )?thx Miss Purple :flower: [/b][/quote]
It comes with the serum for the face and another serum for the eyes. Both are great products, that I highly reccomend to prevent skin from future damage, and restore the already done. I also suggest you Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, this one is stronger, because this one works with your own skin regeneration cells, that with time and abuse, they wear off. Advanced Night Repair will fortify those cells, helping your skin regenerate. I remember, that in their ads, it said " tell me how do you look now, and I will tell you how will you look in 20 years". Practically, this product keeps your skin in optimate conditions for life. Buy it in bulk if you like it :wink:

skin care???? :cry:
I am getting older, yes tis true and my face, it not always a pretty sight folks! It's that I'm getting those darn wrinkles and it's very depressing so I am wondering if anyone can advise on a skin cream or anything else that will help me out???
The botox thing... I'm thinking about it but it's not something I want to do exactly.. it's the last resort.

Thanks

Botox, nothing says "beautiful" like injecting your face with muscle paralyzing bacteria :sick:

We all get older.

How much we wrinkle is determined by genetics as well as external factors such as exposure to sun. Sun screen is highly recommended by most dermatologists. It might help you avoid aging prematurely, and also might protect you from skin cancer.

Unfortunately, sun damage can take decades to manifest itself; by the time it shows, it's too late to anything about it really...

Cosmetic companies are trying to sell us rejuvenation formulas in jars; some seem to work better than others. Creme de la Mer and Shiseido's Future Solution do work according to some posters.

I don't really have an opinion. I suspect that these creams can help us momentarily, sort of. They can certainly help create a smoother, more plumped up surface which will look "less old". I want to believe, but I'm still sceptical... I think that the more expensive creams feel better and makes your face look better because they contain more "slippery" agents and have more film-forming properties; films that'll help to create a smoother, more even and matte appearance. Cheap creams like Nivea usually just feel and look greasy and don't alter anything IME.

For what it's worth, I've noticed that not all skin care is equal; higher quality stuff usually feels better to use. Some cleansers might be less drying than others, I know this is the case with my Shiseido Men Cleansing Foam: It's the best of its kind I've ever used! My moisturiser atm is Chanel's Age Delay; feels great, though I'm not so sure it'll actually delay even one day of ageing... :P

April Harper's Bazaar had a thing on age and what products you can use. there's one section where they tell you about wrinkle fighters. so if you're interested, i can type it out for you or if you have a magazine/ fashion bookstore near you, you can probably get it a copy of april's bazaar. but i don't know if you'd really like to know since magazines aren't that reliable.

hey, botox is the WORST, dont do it.

From personal experience, i suggest either BioPerformance or
Future Solutions from Shiseido. I've been using BP for years
and just recently switched to FS which is much more expensive

both products are 'miracle workers' for my skin.
lots of mineral water & vegetables also help,
good skin starts with good diet and needs enough sleephours

aging with style is the most beautiful thing :heart:

welcome to tFS DeeDahl

You guys/gals are fantastic!!!!! Much love...

Thanks for ALL the info!!!!
My skin type is T-Zone and dry. I hold a lot of expression in my face and am a feeler type so I wear my heart on my sleeve (face). I kinda look like this at times :doh: or :blink: and then there's :wacko: hence the wrinkles.

I'm going to forget about the Botox for now and go with reading Harper's, lots of sleep, sun screen, Sheisedo and take it from there.

:flower:

I want to buy an anti aging night cream, I'm 24 at the moment and have combination skin, can anyone recommend anything suitable for someone my age? Also, what is a good eye cream for lines and dark circles?

I have never tried expensive anti-aging products. Maybe others could help you much.
Anyway i use Nivea natural booster. It has both day and night cream, but i use only the day cream. (I have little bit dry skin on cheek and mid-oily on t zone.)

My recommendation would be just moisturize, moisturize, moisturize... and slather on that SPF.

Anti aging creams

Ok just turned 30, although my skin still looks fresh. I am beginning to worry about ageing. Do creams really work, as I am very sceptical??? I know that drinking lots of water and moderate exercise is good and all that.... But I want to know if there is anything else that can help prevent or rather work along with getting older. :D

my mom raves about that stri-vectin stuff, its like $140 per tube but she's had hers for over a year.

Honestly I think it's all in the genes. My mother and grandmother had flawless skin and used vaseline all their lives. They literally baked in the sun every chance they got and you'd never have known it. Following their lead, I too use vaseline at night and a less greasy moisturizer during the day. I'm not a big proponent of using 10 different products day and night. Just drink a lot of water, exercise and get the right amount of rest.

Maxi

Maxi said:
Honestly I think it's all in the genes. My mother and grandmother had flawless skin and used vaseline all their lives. They literally baked in the sun every chance they got and you'd never have known it. Following their lead, I too use vaseline at night and a less greasy moisturizer during the day. I'm not a big proponent of using 10 different products day and night. Just drink a lot of water, exercise and get the right amount of rest.

Maxi

My Gran also uses Vaseline at night, might just try that out, thanks

RoC Retinol Actif Pur Anti-Wrinkle Treatment, Night

RoC Retinol Actif Pur Anti-Wrinkle Treatment, Night
200.jpg

this is what i use... its only $16.99 and you can get it from cvs / www.drugstore.com ...

try it.. i use it under my eyes and it works wonders.. at least for me and my undereye wrinkles... :rolleyes: and even if it doesnt work that great on your skin, so what...? its not even $20....

sleep is the best thing to prevent wrinkles...
and don't sleep on your face...

i agree with softgrey - sleep & avoid too much drink (of the alcoholic variety). I frown and am worried about getting frown lines on my brow so I have started using 'Frownies' which are like triangles of paper with adhesive on the back. You place them on your brow before you go to bed & they train your muscles not to frown when you are alseep (which i was doing). I have only been using them for about a week or so & I already feel that my brow feels more relaxed. I actually feel like my head is less tense generally just because I am getting out of a habit of frowning.

I had tried using Lancome d-contraxol (sp?) and I thought it was crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->