'ANTM' To Have Vogue Italia Cover as a Prize

Well she was listed as 5'7.5 on the show, so she's either lying or the editor made a mistake. I'm going to go with the latter since I liked her look on the show and was rather disappointed when I saw she was one of the shorter girls.

Well she was listed as 5'7.5 on the show, so she's either lying or the editor made a mistake. I'm going to go with the latter since I liked her look on the show and was rather disappointed when I saw she was one of the shorter girls.

They also listed Krista as being 26 - she was actually 24 - so I am not too keene on the accuracy of the measuremennts that were flashed across the screen.

Seeing as how Tocarra had more pages than any other model, including Naomi, in the all-black issue of Vogue Italia I have to say that I doubt she was considered filler. Steven Meisel met Tocarra at a party and liked her and chose her for the magazine over the initial objections of the Editor-in-Chief of VI. Tocarra was never filler.

it doesnt matter how many pages she got in that edit was still there to fill the "plus size" void in the "all black issue"....if he liked her so much why didnt he give her a cover? and why was the the first and last time he ever shot her?

Some updates:

-Franca Sozzani will be appearing on the judging panel. May be for more than one episode.
-Patrick Demarchelier is the photographer for one of the shoots.

Here are some pictures of the girls at a shoot in venice beach. It looks like they are praciticing on roller skates. They actually look very good! Except I don't know what the deal is with the girl in the red shorts is. I don't think she is one of the models because she is short, not very skinny, and looks out of place.

jaymanuelsetamericanext.jpg

rtvgames.com

^Roller skating teacher maybe?

I honestly think this will help VI with sales in the USA. Imagine how many people watch the show and will want to get their hands on a Vogue Italia to see the winner! Plus, by purchasing one issue, they will probably be intrigued and will buy even more. $$$ for VI.

^ Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. But now it seems completely logical. BTW didn't tyra have a VI cover for the all-black issue?

Tyra was only in the editorial..

The covers were Sessilee, Liya, Naomi, Jourdan

VI approached ANTM to try increase their market in USA, ANTM didn't approach VI. Some of the girls looks good :wink:

^me too. Also the redhead with the bangs.
I see some potential there.

I honestly think this will help VI with sales in the USA. Imagine how many people watch the show and will want to get their hands on a Vogue Italia to see the winner! Plus, by purchasing one issue, they will probably be intrigued and will buy even more. $$$ for VI.

I know riiight?! lol it's soooo good :smile:) :wink:

Wow exciting to see that she seems to be interacting with them quite a bit! Can't wait for this season :buzz:

They needed something fresh, how long are they going to do the series for 20 cycles, i do like it but everything whch goes on too long gets boring

I am filming now on tape Tyra Banks' America's Next Top Model. One of the most popular tv shows in the US and in many other countries, looking for the next American model.

The selections started at the beginning of the year to end in November with a winner. Vogue Italia will be photographing the Top Model. All of the girls that were interviewed, mostly students, have a common dream: becoming a model.

This doesn't only happen in America. It happens everywhere, including Italy. The dream of becoming a model still exists. For young people it's like entering a magic world, where everybody will admire them and in which they will make a lot of money, and if all goes according to tradition marry a rock star.

I am in the jury of the tv show and I am surprised by how many girls show up
. They are not all beautiful, but you have to at least be photogenic. It's true. But some of them are truly ugly!

Today, made exception few cases, to become a model you don't need to be a traditional beauty, but you need to have a face that shows character and a slim body. It happens a lot that they ask me how with all the beautiful girls we have in Italy we end up choosing the ugliest ones! Sometimes a flew or a singularity makes you look more interesting than the faces we are used to.

A model's looks doesn't have rules, but personality and obviously need to be photogenic. This needs to be understood, to not be disappointed when you are trying to become a model. Even though parents and friends tell you you are more beautiful than models we see, it's not enough, it's an illusion. Only a professional, an agent or a photographer can tell you that after a casting.

It's a job that requires many qualities. Beauty is important, fundamental, but it's not the only rule. The ability to interpret a dress or to move in front of the camera, or on the catwalk for the designer, to understand one's flaws or strong points and to valorise them. Patience is another asset, waiting a long time in the halls of magazines, to stay put in winter with a temperature below zero wearing summer dresses while smiling and not getting sick, to get pampered, have your hair done and dyed whenever the designer or the photographer feels likes it.

Of course when you become famous, a celebrity, it's great, but the road is long and tiring. More than we think!

Franca Sozzani
vogue.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->