Antoni & Alison A/ W 2004 London Fw

Reaction score
1masksR_220x350.jpg

dont ask me whats going on with the masks...

all i know is i want that sweater !!

Frankenstein fashion
February 18, 2004 - 8:14AM

Models stomped down the catwalk in Frankenstein's monster masks and headless horse skirts as British designers Antoni and Alison brought a touch of horror to London Fashion Week today.

The London-based pair, known for their eccentric sense of humour and whimsical designs, sent unsmiling models out with upswept hair styled like the Bride of Frankenstein.

They mixed acid greens and shocking pinks with drab olives and greys in a collection reflecting their contrasting tastes.

"I'm the monster," said Antoni Burakowski, sipping from a miniature champagne bottle after the show. "Alison loves dull and drab things and I'm all gay and fancy."

Monster motifs clashed with playful frills, pom-poms, sewn-on hearts and scoop necks in their collection for autumn and winter 2004. One knee-length skirt was emblazoned with a picture of a headless horse.

They opened the show with a section called "Fat and Lazy", featuring Homer Simpson socks, crumpled grey linen dresses and chunky jumpers bearing the slogan "Go Faster".

The sound of someone noisily chomping potato crisps blasted out throughout the show. A packet of crisps was left on each seat in the auditorium.

"I'm fat and lazy - I had a baby five months ago," designer Alison Roberts told Reuters. "It takes more effort to do nothing than anything else."

- Reuters

i've been their fan for ages,
its their first ever collection that does very little to me..
its like they've lost their humour somehow, i dont know :(

the looks posted are real cool though, thanks smashing :flower:

They're hysterical. But this one seems a bit more serious in its cheekiness.

I love all of those sweaters on the first plate and that cheeky "I prefer Antoni" cloak is hilarious :P

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Feb 20th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
I thought this was just wrong...
Why? Some very simple, wearable looks. They seem very comfortable... :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->