Antonio Marras S/S 11 Milan

With this you just get a glimpse of the genius of Marras. The is definitely not everything he can do. But he guess he's just a fall-designer.

I'm a sucker for Marras. This is a wonderful collection with a touch of Marras every where. Though I miss the super high platform shoes. Still he knows how to work with delicate fabric.

This is a casual collection for Marras but his delicate heart-breaking poetry nevertheless shines through.

The collection is so gorgeous! I love the movement of the clothes! Gorgeous dresses, prints, fabrics... Love the jackets too! Really stunning! <3

The white part looks like the highlight there.. especially for a finale :heart:.
And then there are other parts that confuse me a little, like the red dress at the beginning!.

I don't think he excels at one season over the others, I actually think there are very few designers that could make a summer dress as perfect as he does.. it's just that this particular collection seems to have a few.. commercial? pieces filtered in that sort of break the sequence.. but it's still filled with elements that are essential to him imo.

^
I agree, the red dress was slightly weird.. I had to look at it twice and thought "Why is that in the collection?" but I still love everything in the collection.

beautiful collection with (very) few outfits i dislike: the more simple, basic ones and the swimsuits. the more detail and layering, the better.

I usually do not pay much attention to Marras's collections for some reason but this one is an instant love

The beginning is dreadful, imo. Terrible colors, shapes... very strange stuff. The middle with the black looks and the white looks is gorgeous though. Definitely the kind of aesthetic and fluid beauty Marras is known for. Still... wish it all flowed better.

Not his best, although the finale with the white dresses is just wonderful :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->