Any Fashion Designers Here, on theFashionSpot Forums?

Originally posted by GivenchyGal@Oct 14th, 2003 - 9:00 pm
Well, send them here or ask for an e-mail. I draw some clothing, and I sew...Blah blah. B) I can really help you. And if you want more help, Buy Steven Stipelman's From Concept to Creation. He is "the man" in American slang and I was taught by him at Fashion Institute. He is so good. Buy the book because , as a matter of fact, it is necessary.
Which "Fashion Institute" did you attend?

:woot: we have many potential designers in here!!
i wanted to go to london college of arts for a major in arch but i couldnt afford it form half the world away:( then i wanted to go to the biggest arts school in my country...but my parents wont let me cuz they want me to take up something serious really.....but they say its okay for me n arts on the side : :wacko:
groan.......i wish i knew how to draw fashion illustrations and then drape and sew my designs :huh:

Originally posted by saad@Oct 14th, 2003 - 11:40 pm
why dont u post your designs here here Alejandro?
im sure we'd all love to see em:smile:
and dont u have any suggestions for my design?? :blush:
I already posted some sketches a long time ago... check in the Lookbook, waay back... :flower:

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 15th, 2003 - 8:06 am
im at the best fashion school in london :wink:
Sean it doesnt matter if you are in the best school in London, what matters is if you have talent...you make the school, the school doesnt make the students... :wink:

About your designs Saad...I cant make any suggestion, everyone has their own style and their own principles, so, the only thing I can tell you, as everyone says, stay true to your stuff :wink: best of luck my friend :flower:

Alejandro makes great designs... he has designed my wedding dress for next year. It's going to be either a very light gray, like pearl grey or somethinga bit more Barroque in kind of a old gold, color... No white for me.

Sofia

You will look fabulous on it...and especially if an ex Balenciaga couturier is going to make it :wink:

aaaaw youre getting married...thast so sweet.
im so happy for you :flower:
so you really love the guy youre the carrying girl for huh? :woot:

alj....can u PLEASE post the wedding gown design here....would love to see it! :blush:

Here it is Saad...but it looks kinda blurry though :wink:

post-20-1053301420.jpg

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 15th, 2003 - 8:06 am
im at the best fashion school in london :wink:
Ooh, what school if you don't mind me asking? Are you originally from UK or which country? I was intrigued what they have out there in London since I always view London and Paris as happening places for fashion beside L.A. and NYC. I'm looking into fashion design schools myself and am an aspiring designer and artist. Thanks.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 17th, 2003 - 11:47 am
Here it is Saad...but it looks kinda blurry though :wink:

post-20-1053301420.jpg
That's a lovely wedding dress design Alejandro! I love the simplicity and grace of your illustration. Did you ever get this dress into fruition? :smile:

Thank you RubyLola, actually, My friend Sofia has the sketch, and she is going to get it done by a person who worked for Balenciaga ages ago, and its a very popular person in Spain for her wedding dresses. I will have the pleasure to see the dress done by spring, or somewhere near.. :wink:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:28 am
Thank you RubyLola, actually, My friend Sofia has the sketch, and she is going to get it done by a person who worked for Balenciaga ages ago, and its a very popular person in Spain for her wedding dresses. I will have the pleasure to see the dress done by spring, or somewhere near.. :wink:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
a dress by ALEJANDRO!!! i want one too. :blush: :blush: you'll get super publicitywith me.......
pls :blush: pls :heart: pretty pls :heart: and yur name will be all aroundthe south of france :blush:

:flower: i swear you'll be the star :flower:

let me know :innocent:

Well, I think it looks gorgeous in a Hollywood way!

Are you going to bow down to tradition and have the bare shoulders covered up in church?

Originally posted by leyla m.+Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:35 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:35 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:28 am
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
a dress by ALEJANDRO!!! i want one too. :blush: :blush: you'll get super publicitywith me.......
pls :blush: pls :heart: pretty pls :heart: and yur name will be all aroundthe south of france :blush:

:flower: i swear you'll be the star :flower:

let me know :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Sure Leyla! :lol: it will be my pleasure, just PM me what you want and ill work something out. :wink:

Tott, The dress has a very skinny, sheer and short veil, that will cover the shoulders while at church. :wink:

That's a beautiful dress B) I'm just now really getting into sketching outfits out. :flower:

I am tacky. I think that is a beautiful layout, but maybe with a softer silk in a creme white; i need to stfu :D

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:28 pm
Are we flying over together hunny? I'll even bring the Baileys to assist with the in-flight entertainment HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Originally posted by AndiMAC+Nov 15th, 2003 - 11:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndiMAC @ Nov 15th, 2003 - 11:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:28 pm
Are we flying over together hunny? I'll even bring the Baileys to assist with the in-flight entertainment HAHAHAHAHA :lol: [/b][/quote]
U know we are going first class :wink:

I aspire to be a fashion designer when I grow up. I have several books of my designs that I have drawn, but the catch is, I cannot sew. I am still in high school, a junior, and I hope to attend either FIT, or Parsons when I graduate. My question is, can I make it as a designer without knowing how to sew? I've heard different things about sewing in college, and that if you can't do it, you're SOL :ninja: But is this true? I don't want my inabilty to sew to deter my dream of being a designer. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->