Any Info On This Hermès Bag?

brian

Reaction score
Do any of you know what bag this is?

I found it, and fell in love (although I don't care too much for handheld bags, I can deal) ... Any of you know "what" this bag is? The site I found it at is in Japanese and all I can read are the measurements. This thing is huge!! :heart:

Also, how do you guys feel about this bag for a guy?

Herm-43-058.jpg

Herm-43-058_1.jpg

Herm-43-058_2.jpg

I would never have a handbag or purse type thing. I really like messenger bags, that's all I'd wear. That in a messenger style would be nice :smile:

Originally posted by Nader@Feb 25th, 2004 - 10:24 pm
I would never have a handbag or purse type thing. I really like messenger bags, that's all I'd wear. That in a messenger style would be nice :smile:
Yeah, I like messengers a lot more but it's really hard for me to find one that I really really like.

I really liek this bag for a man, its not terribly creative though, and its not leather or a very duribal material so I doubt ist worth the cash.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 25th, 2004 - 10:28 pm
I really liek this bag for a man, its not terribly creative though, and its not leather or a very duribal material so I doubt ist worth the cash.
I like it as well. I kind of like its simplicity, though. Plus the black/garnet goes with everything I wear :lol:

...I think this thing is made out of canvas?

It's the Fourre Tout bag part of the Her-line (pronounced 'airline') collection of canvas bags and wallets. The Fourre Tout comes in three sizes and this collection also has a vertical totebag which I think is more suitable for a man. They come in quite a few colors these days so you'd be best to pop in at an Hermès boutique near you to see the collection.

I think the largest Fourre Tout is about $600 but I'm not exactly sure. Hermès has been raising prices lately just like Vuitton.

its a cool bag, i bought one of those for a good friend of mine... but in red :flower:
they got real cute colors :blush:

It's a versatile and simple bag and like anything Hermes it's very popular in Japan. But I would never buy this bag for myself, I prefer Hermes bags in leather and not canvas.

I hate to slag on something someone likes, but I have to agree with BrothaG about this one. It looks like something I'd haul veg back from the market in. In fact, it looks a lot like my marketing satchel, though mine is yellow and white.

Why not get a soft-side briefcase or a laptop bag? This is definitely nothing that special, even if it did come from Hermes.

I think you could do better, and probably get a better price with something from a luggage shop. I am thinking a soft-side briefcase, a laptop bag, or a small carry-on piece would suit your purposes just as well.

i'm sure its ridiculously priced. it doesn't look like anything special to me.

i would go with something from Jack Spade if you want something like that. probably a lot cheaper too. they have nice canvas bagsand canvas/leather bags

and omg i just did a search on them and they make fakes of even that bag http://www.handbagsforless.net/hermes/dept_71.html

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Feb 26th, 2004 - 9:20 pm

and omg i just did a search on them and they make fakes of even that bag
There's counterfeit everything nowadays... :angry:

OH MY GOD THEY EVEN HAVE FAKE LOUIS VUITTON CONTE DE FEES BAGS!!!!!!! :furious:

It definately isnt worth the money. In my opinion, it is something an overeducated docent would carry. Hermes has some amazing men's briefcases. Personally, I think a 40cm Birkin is fantastic for a guy.

a 40cm birkin would look nicer than that bag, really. the bag on the pic ISNT even leather!! i wont pay that price for something not made of leather...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coconotloco
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->