Anybody Here Like Laura Mercier?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by calypso, Oct 21, 2003.

1. lollicandy

lollicandy Active Member

I can't use any of her skincare stuff, (makes me look too greasy), but I adore her lipsticks and stick glosses. Very sheer, understated colors that look great on my skin tone.

2. FleurDeLys

FleurDeLys New Member

I'm thinking about buying Laura Mercier's loose mineral powder spf15 but I'm not sure which shade I should pick. I have very fair skin, so I'm hesitating between soft porcelain (beige ivory) and tender rose (pink ivory). Since my skintone is quite neutral, I never know if I should go for yellow-based or pink-based foundation/powder. Does someone have experience with one of these shades? For reference, Diorskin Nude foundation in 10 is a perfect match for my skin.

#62 FleurDeLys, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by moderator timwin: Nov 2, 2010
  3. melfreya

melfreya Active Member

rule of thumb for most pale complexions is to not go too rosy because it looks kind of artificial in day light..soft porcelain isn't too yellow, more neutral I would say so I'd go for that (I'm a NC 15-20 in MAC :flower:)

4. Girl About Town

Girl About Town New Member

I love the loose powder and the caviar eye liner, the only black that looks soft enough on me.

5. FleurDeLys

FleurDeLys New Member

Thank you Melfreya :flower:. I was afraid soft porcelain would be too yellow, but now I know it's more neutral, I'll go with that! I'm also an NC 15 in MAC actually ^_^.
    How do you like the powder? What coverage does it give? I really hope it gives medium coverage bc I hate applying concealer and want to cut back on liquid foundations.

#65 FleurDeLys, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by moderator timwin: Nov 3, 2010
  6. melfreya

melfreya Active Member

it gives good coverage with a slight glowy effect. Don't worry it's not too heavy but you will save money on concealer, no need for it. If you want full coverage (and I mean fuuuull :D ) you could go for the compact mineral version. But I find that going over spots with a finer brush dipped in the powder sorts it just fine :flower:

7. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

I find the mineral powder foundation made my face itch and burn like crazy, which was upsetting because the colour was spot on!

8. melfreya

melfreya Active Member

mineral foundations in general can cause itching on a lot of people, don't know which ingredient does it but it is not LM fault per se it happens with a lot of mf..I never had that problem with them, only with mac's blot powder which isn't mineral :(

9. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I really want to try the Secret Camouflage concealer...oh well, perhaps I'll give it a go the next time I'm in Copenhagen.

#69 The_Ida, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 4, 2010
  10. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

love the caviar eye liner as well. it stays put and can be softened up with a cotton swab for just the right look you want. once dry its there all day.
    i also use the smooth focus pressed setting powder, it really seals the deal without looking "powdery".

11. oh me

oh me New Member

Are there any online shops that have Laura Mercier and ship to Europe?

12. roisin

roisin New Member

the secret camouflage (that's the one with two shades right?) is my lifesaver!! i have somewhat dark under eye area and the peachy shade is the only thing that counteracts it without looking grey or ashy.

i'm also a big fan of the body creams. i have the pistachio one and the almond coconut one...both smell amazing. if you're into gourmand scents, you should check them out!

13. BibiRose

BibiRose Active Member

^^Strawberrynet.com ships to Europe and they have LM products.