Anyone Know Anything About Vintage Gucci?

mouko

Reaction score
Found this nice gucci sweater online, I've been into vintage gucci stuff for a while but I haven't been able to find any resources about it in general. Anyone know if this is real and also, anyone know where i can get some info on vintage gucci stuff in general?

My question is, why are there new looking tags on it if it's vinatage? I would try to research this style before buying :flower:

Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess@Feb 25th, 2004 - 12:51 am
My question is, why are there new looking tags on it if it's vinatage? I would try to research this style before buying :flower:
oh sorry I think i was confusing people..I wanted to ask about where to get info on vintage gucci and I also wanted to know if this was real.

I seriously doubt thats its real. I think it was ford that started using that tag design, and the rubber ornamentation in the bottom left and on the shoulder pretty much closes this case.

Hmm. If it is cute, vintage, well made, in good condition, and the price is right, authenticity is not so much an issue at this point.

I'd say, if you like it a lot, and it would be a useful addition to your wardrobe, then have at it! Unless you are doing some sort of archival collection, the brand-authenticity of a vintage piece shouldn't be so much of an issue.

i saw a gucci clutch at goodwill today. i'm going to get it in the morning... i'm not sure if it is real though... should I risk buying a fake Gucci that looks circa 1970 or just let it go?

i know its kind of off topic, but it is about vintage gucci... just not that particular sweater. hehe

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Feb 26th, 2004 - 12:41 am
i saw a gucci clutch at goodwill today. i'm going to get it in the morning... i'm not sure if it is real though... should I risk buying a fake Gucci that looks circa 1970 or just let it go?

i know its kind of off topic, but it is about vintage gucci... just not that particular sweater. hehe
depends on how much it was going for.

If it was me and i liked the vintage sweater then i would get it, regardless of whether it was authentic Gucci or not. :wink:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Feb 26th, 2004 - 2:36 am
If it was me and i liked the vintage sweater then i would get it, regardless of whether it was authentic Gucci or not. :wink:
I totally agree because it's not like you can go to the Gucci store and buy one. As long as it's not embaressingly fake (like it says "guci" instead of "gucci") then I don't see any reason why not!

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Feb 26th, 2004 - 7:36 am
As long as I'm not going to pay the price of a real one for a fake. Where do you find vintage gucci anyway?

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:23 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ahhGucci @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:23 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-vintage_princess@Feb 26th, 2004 - 7:36 am
As long as I'm not going to pay the price of a real one for a fake. Where do you find vintage gucci anyway? [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: i find it in my mother's closet... :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->