Anyone skin jealous of the young?

Carmondie

Reaction score
Ive noticed a disturbing trait in myself lately...............jealousy. I have never been a jealous person but lately I am checking out the skin of younger female relatives and friends and am filled with envy over their fresh baby glow faces. My skin is good for my age 53 and I get compliments all the time but Im facing the fact that no matter how much time and effort and money I put into it I will never have that fresh effortless glow of youth again. Killer! I buy all the illuminating products and regenerating creams and then my neice or my sons girlfriend walk in without a stitch of makeup absolutely glowing. Am I the only one that thinks this way and is bothered by this?

Oh, I thought you meant babies. And I was going to say yes! My sister and I were commenting the other day on how absolutely perfect our children's skin is... My nephew in particular (he is 4 months old) - so we decided that you just need to sleep around 15 hours a day, consume nothing but milk, be waited on hand and foot, use organic skincare and never go in the sun. Voila! :lol: :heart: I guess we are all envious of someone :flower:

well im still a teenager but i do get jealous sometimes of kids. like when we go through puberty everything becomes messed up for a while and then u see little babies and kids running around with perfect skin and you're like damn i dont even remember when my skin was like that.

^^ haha, exactly!! I've had those same thoughts

Yes!! The other day I saw a little girl with her haircuts and her skin was absolutely flawless and no dark circles. Oh how I wish to have skin like children (or go back to being a kid again, no responsibilities!!)

lol, I'm almost 19 and I'm jealous of my peers who have perfect complexions. It's so annoying that I have to suffer with acne and whatnot while they can do nothing and still have absolutely lovely skin. Bleh.

^Exactly! I'm far more frustrated by people my own age who have perfect skin whilst I have to work hard at mine...:judge: I'm not really concerned with an 8yr olds skin, it's pointless...they'll all go through puberty & life and it will change their skin, it's not worth competing with.

^ I'm the samee. It's the worst when your sibling(s) who are close to you in age have perfect skin and you don't :wacko:

my 60 year old aunt has a 30 year old skin...courtsey of her 10 hour daily sleep routine!

Last edited by a moderator:
I apparently have young-looking skin. People always think I'm 18...I'm turning 23 in less than two months :lol:

But I do wish I had less visible pores...I am so envious of people without congested pores, esp my nose area bothers me

No I don't... But I completely understand the jealousy, and I'm sure I'll find the green-eyed monster in me when I grow older! My bf's mother compliments my skin regularly though, and she tells me how I'm her daily reminder to take care of her skin :P

I was at my best friend's son's birthday party this past weekend, he was turning 6 and of course there were other very young children there, and somehow the subject was brought up among us adults (we are 23-28) about what it would be like to be young again, no worries, absolutely no awareness and just being innocent, and I reached over and touched my friend's son's cheek and said, "I'd have this skin again for sure!" :lol:

But realistically, no, I'm not jealous. I see a lot of guys younger than me who have really crinkly eyes when they smile or laugh and I'm so glad that at 27 I dont have those....yet. *knock on wood* :(

Hate aging of our skin and organs.

^Don't worry, you take such great care of your skin! It'll be flawless for a darn long time :D

When I was in my late teens/early twenties, I barely wore a speck of make up, and if it was a big night I'd wear some mascara and maybe eyeliner and look great. Now, at 30, I have broken capillaries, spots (never had them before!), thread veins and huge pores. It makes me utterly miserable.

I apparently have young-looking skin. People always think I'm 18...I'm turning 23 in less than two months :lol:

But I do wish I had less visible pores...I am so envious of people without congested pores, esp my nose area bothers me

this is me. i'm almost 24 (eep!) but people for some reason think i'm still a teenager. my let down is the pores on my nose. :(

This is surely something I think about. While very young children have THE most incredible skin, at 17, I appreciate my tight, young skin every day. I swear by sunscreen and do all I can for my skin.

The sad truth is that there is no substitute for young, glowing, elastic skin but there certainly is a way to age gracefully.

I saw a special on the aging of human skin and a woman in her 60's said something like " I wear my life on my face, I've earned these wrinkles and I love them."

this is a fabulous way to think of it but as of now I just appreciate my youth.

I'm 17 and I'm very grateful that I've never really been through the acne stage of puberty *knocks on wood* however my pores bother me too, especially nose area

I am 27 turning 28 in a few months and people think i am 20- 25( nothing below 25) :lol: i think its genetic and i think its because i have olive/tan skin , darker skin apparently gives you "younger" looking apperance and not to mention i do take care of my skin religiously, i spend alot on skincare..i wouldnt want to be 30 and look like i am 40!! i have friends who are younger than me and look older than me! and funny today i was reading an article at allure magazine comparing idential skin looks and which one looks younger etc...and the reasons why they look younger and the other is older, stress is a large factor causing skin to age, weight loss and gain, sun exposure, healthy food etc...

I guess that should be another reminder I shouldn't let myself get too stressed out.

i think it is not only the skin-factor that makes one look younger. mainly, it is your face. you can have good, lineless skin, but the face itself can look "old" (lets say like an adult). there are also very young teens who have bad skin, huge pores and tan like there is no tomorrow. they still look young. it is also your face-proptions that change while you age. a young face, has e.g. big eyes that aren't too close to eachother or a small chin area.

to be jealous would be too much to say about me, but i do look at the skin of the very young. i do think that they have this amazing glowing skin. but i am not jealous. time will tell who has the great skin :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->