Anything & Everything about Revlon Make-Up

D A N A

Reaction score
I have never tried Revlon make-up before, but I have recently watched a make-up tutorial & the girl used 'Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer' <- pretty long name :P

Has anyone tried their products before & what do you think about them?
Have you tried this specific product?
In the tutorial it seemed to work great on the girl.

* I am sorry if this topic has already been created previously, feel free to delete it but I searched and haven't seen it on this forum*

:flower:

never had much luck with their 'base' foundation, TMs , concealers, powders, lol but their lippies are a favorite of mine.

some REVLON lippies I've used in the past that I loved:
Super Lustrous Lipstick in Spiced Brandy & Blackberry
Moon Drops Lipstick in Copperglaze Brown
Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet
Just Bitten Lipstain in Gothic
Just Bitten in Blood Orange ( the rollerball version, was the perfect warm toned red stain [most lean very blue/cool toned which I don't like] sadly this got Dc'd :cry:)
Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Tribal Red ( another DC'd lippie. The perfect pinky, reddish brown gloss. Luckily I bought a handful back in the early 2000s since it was a LE seasonal color :ninja: )

Has anyone tried VA VA Violet? I've been in the mood for a tube of purple lippie and am tired of wearing my plum L'Oreal eyeliner from high school :ninja:as a lipliner to achieve this look. I've visited MAC, various department stores for the perfect purple, silvery/gray/metallic burgundy and can't seem to find it :lol:

anywhoo, the VV Violet, looks quite wearable and pretty on some and other people not so much...I have a hunch some wear a more muted liner underneath cuz on some it looks out and out halloween purple :huh:

I like the outer spacey purple sheen in the second pick and might just end up buying a full on purple gloss to layer ontop of a darker plum to get more of a dimensional effect...
IMG_1601.JPG

source:acuriousseamstress.blogspot

revlon%20lipstick%20va%20va%20violet.jpg

source: wieniawski.blogspot

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually recently bought their super lustrous lipstick in fire & ice. And I'm quite impressed with the formula and the staying power. I'll for sure be searching for more colours.

Super Lustrous Lip Glosses are one of the best, so is the Color Stay Foundation.

I love their super lustrous lipsticks, the quality is really good and they have an amazing range of colours.

I love their lipsticks. I have far too many but keep purchasing more.
Va va violet is a fun color!
I just purchased a loose powder to set my makeup with.
Their photo ready contour kit was terrible though, not much pigment.

I've only ever bought their nail polishes, which I love. Revlon is definitely one of my favourites when it comes to that.

I have heard really good things about their Colourstay lipsticks. I don't remember the exact names, but there are two types I've heard mentioned: Ultimate and Overtime. Has anyone here tried either of them?

Love their Colorstay line. I'm a M/U artist and I was recommended by a teacher to get the range of Colorstay liquid foundations to use a body makeup. Mix it with some lotion and rub it on legs, chest, and shoulders.

I think they have the best lipglosses. Super Lustrous and the new Colorburst line. And the Lip butters are a great consistency.

Revlon Colorstay liner. This is a staple for lining the waterline and having it stay all day.

I tried the Revlon Colourstay foundation (for oily/combination skin) for the first time this week and I was really impressed. The shade Ivory is a great match for me, which is wonderful because I really struggle to colour match myself with foundations.

I tried the Revlon Colourstay foundation (for oily/combination skin) for the first time this week and I was really impressed. The shade Ivory is a great match for me, which is wonderful because I really struggle to colour match myself with foundations.

I used to love this product but with time it clogged my pores and I had acne and pimples and i googled it and it appears it may cause such things, especially my skins is so sensitive to many products. Now I use it as an eye concealer:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried their lip products and have been absolutely impressed with their quality and staying power. My favorites are the Super Lustrous lipstics, the color range is great. I've also heard great things about their matte line.
The ColorStay foundation worked great on me also. I stop using it only because it was medium to full coverage, and I wanted something lighter. But for those with oily/combination skin that are looking for a foundation that stays put, I highly recommend it.

I tried their Age Defying foundation, I was terribly disappointed with it.

Love this lipstick! Revlon Color Burst in Fuchsia:
revlon+color+burst+lipstick+in+fuchsia.jpg

revloncolorburstlipstickfuchsia-1.jpg

wieniawski.blogspot.com

I hope we'll get Lip Butters anytime soon.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back