Appropriate for a young teenager?

Tease

Reaction score
Ok first I am not a prude, I just have tunnel vision sometimes.

How would you feel about a 13 year old strutting around in a Playboy bikini. Yes with the logo on the top. While the swimsuit provides full coverage for a bikini, would the logo bother you enough to believe that is not the message a 13 year old should be sending out about herself?
I can't see a relation with what 12-18+ year old fashion models wear on runways. Like I said, I have tunnel vision sometimes. I find whatever acceptable as long as its tastefully done and fashion and done well. I think that when people think of Playboy they think of p*rn*gr*phy. While even fashion magazines are sex driven as well, they don't quite have the reputation of being p*rn*gr*phy. In my opinion, but I'm asking for yours as well, I think the logo sends out the wrong message for a young girl to wear out in public and to own. Do you agree, disagree?

Originally posted by Tease@Aug 24 2004, 09:24 AM
Ok first I am not a prude, I just have tunnel vision sometimes.

How would you feel about a 13 year old strutting around in a Playboy bikini. Yes with the logo on the top. While the swimsuit provides full coverage for a bikini, would the logo bother you enough to believe that is not the message a 13 year old should be sending out about herself?
I can't see a relation with what 12-18+ year old fashion models wear on runways. Like I said, I have tunnel vision sometimes. I find whatever acceptable as long as its tastefully done and fashion and done well. I think that when people think of Playboy they think of p*rn*gr*phy. While even fashion magazines are sex driven as well, they don't quite have the reputation of being p*rn*gr*phy. In my opinion, but I'm asking for yours as well, I think the logo sends out the wrong message for a young girl to wear out in public and to own. Do you agree, disagree?
[snapback]343703[/snapback]​

Agreed. It's really base.

Tacky and ugly, yes, but totally harmless.

Is this it?

pm_PLB-DA1001.jpg

Sending out the wrong message is the beholder's problem, not the wearer's I think. And if this young tart does have issues, it's certainly not because of her choice of swimwear, it's probably a deep-rooted family situation.

It's too much for a 13 year-old, but I think there is the argument that the Playboy logo doesn't really evoke the thought of p*rn*gr*phy anymore. "I'm trendy and looking for attention" is what I usually think when I see it on clothing; it's that overexposed.

Actually its this one that I saw.... (copy and paste)

http://ompi.onemodelplace.com/OMP_Images/P...0BF3-2B3D-897A-

You can see the logo is small... not entirely a big deal, but still I wonder what was going through the parents' head when they bought this for their daughter... as I don't know many 13 year olds who don't have to have their parent's approval on what they want.

This suit is more fitting for someone in their twenties maybe thirties. To me that is what the age range looks like, but I may be wrong.

If she was 16 or 17 maybe I'd have a different opinion. But I mean she's still a baby, according to her age, I don't still know if I think its ok for a girl in her early teens to be owning anything advertising a company like Playboy. I know girls always want to be older than they are, but where is the line?

Thanks everybody!

Link isn't working. I tried to fix and I can't. :(

I will try to paste the photo... but I am on a Mac and don't know how to do this actually.

Well that didn't work... so now I had to save it and try to put it in as an attachment. But I am previewing right now and the photo didn't come up... so I don't think its going to work when I add the reply. :(

[attachmentid=24611]

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 24 2004, 12:38 PM
Well, I'm 14 and sure as heck wouldn't wear it.
[snapback]343796[/snapback]​

You're 14!? :o

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course, I just never would have guessed!

I see so many girls from 13+ with Playboy bunny t-shirts, phone logos etc.

I honestly don't think many of them see it as sexual debasement, or what Playboy itself represents. I just think they want to look 'cool', whatever that may be at any given moment.

I think this is ridiculous. It's just like 13 year olds thinking that thats what is "sexy" and thats the image some people want to put out there. Playboy shirts are sold at stores like Gadzooks where their main target is that 13-16 age group. It's true that its just a tee shirt but its that message your putting out there. If you wore a regulare t-shirt that covered your whole body but said something like "I just cant say no." or sometihng like that and your 13 would that be okay? in my opinion no. not to mention all Playboy gives a message that women are just objects for men to look at and for 13 year old boys to pin up over their beds so they can masterbate :innocent:

13 year old or not, NO ONE should wear the playboy logo on any of their clothing.. it looks tacky.. the only people who should wear it are the fake chicks who pose in the mag.

And as for parents who buy their kids this... it's just messed up. It's basically telling the kid that it's ok to entertain the idea of being sexy or even having sex... Kids should be kids.. not worry about that crap.

It makes me sound old, but a majority of the teenagers these days are growing up way too quick.. having sex.. drinking... getting pregnant.. I just heard the other day that a 7 year old got pregnant... set some kind of sh*t record.

I know that's off the subject.. but damn! Keep the p*rno related stuff in your dad's bedside table or under the mattress. Not on your 13 year old's barely there boobs.

i love you luna... :stuart: :clap: :heart:

i wouldn't wear the bunny anymore than i'd wear a swastika...it may be a cool logo...but it still represents what it represents...and neither one is acceptable in my book... :order:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 25 2004, 03:08 AM
i love you luna... :stuart:  :clap:  :heart:

i wouldn't wear the bunny anymore than i'd wear a swastika...it may be a cool logo...but it still represents what it represents...and neither one is acceptable in my book... :order:
[snapback]344297[/snapback]​

ditto miss softgrey :flower:

much lame for the underage market

I know this is a generalisation, but a lot of girls who wear Playboy are skanks. It is generally not something that most girls my age wear - so its not as popular as you may think. At least, where I live. :smile:

Originally posted by saturnine@Aug 24 2004, 07:34 PM
You're 14!? :o

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course, I just never would have guessed!
[snapback]344208[/snapback]​

Yes. :flower:

I have Playboy underwear that was given to me as a gift, i wear it to bed and if anyone sees it I get quite embarressed to be wearing anything with the logo on it... I guess as soon as you see it it is associated with sex and p*rn and imo a 13 year old shouldn't even consider wearing that sort of stuff...

the background meaning of "playboy" is just too much for a 13 year old kid to be strutting around with. it would be like my younger sister wearing one of those, and the thought of that just gives me the shivers. :yuk:

Its just a logo but it has so many negative thoughts on it that it alone makes the wearer seem provocative no matter how conservative the clothing is.

Easier to just find another cute bathingsuit and avoid the logo than get the mess of what the logo symbolizes.

I have no children, but if I had a underage daughter, no way would I buy that for her nor let her buy it with her own money.

And I would hope that when she had reached the age of majority she would have the taste instilled in her to know that a swimsuit like that is tacky and Definitely Trying Way Too Hard.

Maybe she just really liked bunnies?

And how do you know she was 13 for sure? She could have been 16 and just loooked younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->