Archive : Vogue Paris under Emmanuelle Alt (April 2011 to October 2021)

balmain1914

Reaction score
When the news of Alt's departure came out, I had a mixed feeling about it.

I felt in love with Alt when I saw how she worked behind the magazines as a stylist. Unlike those notorious Parisians I met,

she seemed so humble, funny and nice to work with and I would like to do an interview with her (though it is not possible at all).

As a stylist, she absolutely has talent, a faith and confidence in what she has been doing. But as an editor in chief, she is less glamorous in terms of being an EIC, as most of members of TFS have complained how she repeated the same nostalgia style from 70s and 80s. But let's be honest, if we have a TV reality show having all those EICs competing together, she would beat anyone else by making tasteful cover and editorials shoots within the budget. She has the best taste during this chaotic age, check out what Emanuele Farneti has been doing with Vogue Italia....which is a joke completely.

This is a tribute thread to Emmanuelle, I think it is time to start a thread like this and I hope Emmanuelle you would love this!

First Cover:
Vogue Paris April 2011 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Vogue Paris April 2011 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
8q5t.jpg

Last edited:
Her evolution at the magazine has been nothing short of amazing. She started off with a questionable whimper and ended on a high note as the best edition of Vogue. The past couple of years were her strongest. She won't be unemployed for long. The editors at Hearst better watch out for her!

Last edited:
Let's be honest, the main reason Alt had to go is because she doesn't kiss Wintour's tyrannical a*s.

I dislike this overused phrase, but her departure really signifies the end of an era of aspirational dreammaking in fashion publication.

I wish Emmanuelle all the success in her next ventures. She is one the very few good ones left.

Her absence will be a HUGE loss, especially since she is the best EIC of BIG 4. I hope that some other magazine will hire her. Zara it's time to create a magazine!

I love covers and editorials that she created, I'm sad about the lack of diversity (few black models and no asian), she started using Doutzen, Isabeli and several other models, unfortunately ended in a cycle with Anja, Rianne, Anna and Edie.

A HIGHLIGHT:

8cc5d523ebb80a6a9afc4a1eb25051b48f-13-french-vogue-cover.jpg

Source.

Love her work since ever!
You can discuss her repetitive moodboards and casting choices but at the moment she’s one of the most impeccable, chic and pointing editors AND stylists at Conde Nast.
I adored Carine even more, they both come from the old school fashion establishment who worked their a***s hard to gain their position.
Real professionals..respect.
Curious about the future though.

Let's be honest, the main reason Alt had to go is because she doesn't kiss Wintour's tyrannical a*s.

I dislike this overused phrase, but her departure really signifies the end of an era of aspirational dreammaking in fashion publication.

I wish Emmanuelle all the success in her next ventures. She is one the very few good ones left.

I really hope something great for her too..maybe as a stylist for brands like Carine, Geraldine, Suzanne or Aleksansdra W. do.
Carine had star power at the time of her leaving and that helped her to launch her own magazine etc, Emmanuelle excels mainly in styling and editorial productions so I can clearly see this for her in the next future.

Her absence will be a HUGE loss, especially since she is the best EIC of BIG 4. I hope that some other magazine will hire her. Zara it's time to create a magazine!

I love covers and editorials that she created, I'm sad about the lack of diversity (few black models and no asian), she started using Doutzen, Isabeli and several other models, unfortunately ended in a cycle with Anja, Rianne, Anna and Edie.

A HIGHLIGHT:

8cc5d523ebb80a6a9afc4a1eb25051b48f-13-french-vogue-cover.jpg

Source.

Another one I adore

B2C0D427-64A2-403E-8E11-2D52DEA3C058.jpeg

Source: models.com

It is sad that there was no Asian girls on covers during EA's period.
Thank you Virginie Benarroch for casting Asian faces inside the editorials.

Vogue Paris February 2020
Photographer: Christian McDonald
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
Hair: Christian Eberhard
Makeup: Janeen Witherspoon
Manicure: Miss Moji
Cast: Liu Wen

the covers and layouts were so good at first but it all went downhill in 2017. hopefully we'll see more diverse cover subjects in the future with the new editor

^Yes to have all her covers compiled made me realize how it was awfully white and therefore wrong. Even a very specific type of white girl. At least, most of them were fashion and luxurious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->