Archive : Vogue Paris under Emmanuelle Alt (April 2011 to October 2021)

I'm in shock with these news & very sad than Emmanuelle is leaving the mag, sheswas the best EIC of Vogue on recent days. Shame on Wintour for make this decision.

I remember reading the rumors about VP here since february. I can't believe it yet. A magazine with century of existence. This Roger Lynch guy is a tragedy for CN.

Thanks @balmain1914 for the effort on collecting all the covers. the only one missing is feb21 at least i cannot visualize it.

It would be great that she leaves after the anniversary issue. Again, they need deputy editors or someone in charge so they can order the house and report Edward...if not we are gonna get more like German and Spanish Vogue's that offered bad issues this year...

Anyone follows Pamboy? maybe he knows when it's gonna be effective....

Thanks @balmain1914 for the effort on collecting all the covers. the only one missing is feb21 at least i cannot visualize it.

It would be great that she leaves after the anniversary issue. Again, they need deputy editors or someone in charge so they can order the house and report Edward...if not we are gonna get more like German and Spanish Vogue's that offered bad issues this year...

Anyone follows Pamboy? maybe he knows when it's gonna be effective....
Sylvia is the deputy, maybe she will be in charge.

this retrospective just made me even more aware of how sh*t most of her covers were.
good riddance.

my favourites:

Lara Stone, August, 2011
Sasha Pivovarova, October, 2011
Arizona Muse, November, 2011
Natalia Vodianova, Mars, 2012
Lara Stone, September, 2012
Saskia de Brau, September, 2013
Anna Ewers, August, 2013
Natalia Vodianova, September, 2013
Lara, Daria, Kate, March, 2015
Liya Kebede, May, 2015
Anna Ewers, August, 2015
Gigi Hadid, March, 2016
Iselin Steiro, June/ July 2016
Luna Bijl, August, 2016
Valentina Sampaio, March, 2017
Vittoria Ceretti, May, 2017
Gisele Bündchen, June/ July, 2017
Raquel Zimmermann, Adut Akech, April, 2019
Virginie Efira, December/ January, 2019/20
Vittoria Ceretti, Mars, 2020
Marion Cotillard, April, 2020
Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid, May/ June, 2020
Purienne, July, 2020
Anna Ewers, February, 2021
Nora Attal, April, 2021

28 out of 133! ( I hope my Maths are correct but you guys get the point).
it’s not thaaaat good.

^^^ She’s always been trolling with the covers. It’s the content that have always been mostly solid.

And let’s hope while reading your comment you realized how awfully it sounds, and therefore how wrong it is!

LOL

There’s no denying that had Emmanuelle included more MOC alongside the brand of distinct fashion direction that’s defined her Vogue, the overall aesthetic would have been supremely richer (just peek at Gaultier’s archive on how to showcase multicultural/multiracial beauty in all its glory…). However, racial diversity (and by “racial-diversity”— rags are just only ever inclusive of Black presence while completely ignoring all other POC LOL) just for the sake of it without a hint of creative effort— as shown in instantly-forgettable contents of current-day US Vogue/i-D/Dazed doesn’t even resemble high fashion anymore— just a hollow PC-sensibility that’s proven marketable and profitable. I’ll gladly take Emmanuelle’s solid creativity any day, any place, anywhere (…cuz weirdos like myself and many others possess enough confidence/self-awareness/foresight to identify with the creativity whether that’s White/Black/Brown/Yellow/Red etc etc…)

Oh you’re absolutely right, there’s nothing wrong with an apparent disregard for diversity :rolleyes:

Well...that’s a nice way to switch it from what I meant and make it about diversity. Obviously it was about disrespectful words towards a race. It was about the words AWFULL & WRONG in context of a race. That shouldn’t be that hard to grasp.

There is always the option to say in a respectfully manner, so that nobody is devalued . And the commentator before the disputed comment put it in a right way. For example there is the option to be pro-diversity. By that nobody is reduced to wrong & awful. But being pro diversity isn’t exactly same as anti-white. The latter is always good for a 3 seconds feel-good kick, done for a cheap applause.

And in case of a doubt...if unsure is it the right thing to say it....It doesn’t take a scientist what to do...just a bit testing before...and switch it with other races...and if AWFULLY BLACK sounds as a right thing to say....and to stay silent about it...than what can I say...Congratulations.

But I hardly think that would be the case, since you are in every possible debate be it unprovoked or uninvited...but truth to be told-mostly rightfully so.

Not sure to understand what you tried to imply with your comment but to be clear her covers felt very 2007 because of the same type of models that have been cast. The parisian scene has a lot of diverse people and deserved to be on the covers as much as let's say Virginie effira...

I am not a pro or anti anything. It was just an observation after seeing all at once the covers under her tenure and the feeling I had at the moment.

And please everyone stop being so sensitive. Obviously, if anyone has issue with my posts, I gladly invite you to click on the ignore button. I do it quite often lately ^_^

Spent a lot of time looking over my back issues of Vogue Paris since these rumors started and I've come to a conclusion that despite its ups and downs, Vogue Paris was easily the best edition in the past decade. Always the best selection of supermodels and top models, an excellent team of photographers, so many big names in the industry consistently delivering excellent work since the beginning of Alt's tenure. It might not have been extraordinary and groundbreaking like Franca or Carine's old Vogue Paris, but it was always fashionable, luxurious and beautiful to look at. I dare compare it to Grace Mirabella's US Vogue, often wrongly regarded to as boring or uneventful compared to the magazines other editors, but in reality it's just a very underrated era filled to the brim with exquisite content.

Anyway, I've been completing my digital collection and, although we still haven't gotten the official confirmation, felt it would be appropriate to share a chronological archive of the magazine here. Will be uploading the issues one by one through out the next week, I found it very interesting to compare issues from various years and the changes they made in layout and content quality.

Vogue Paris April 2011

Eco-Style

Photography: Inez & Vinoodh
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Christiaan
Makeup: Lisa Butler
Model: Gisele Bündchen

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Vogue Paris April 2011

Wanted!

Photography: David Sims
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt