Are these real shoes?

Even if they weren't real (which they very much are) it would be cheaper to have them designed and made especially for the video, rather than use special effects which would have cost hundreds of thousands of pounds for the video.

It's interesting that such shoes were designed for the fetish market quite a few years ago (they have been around since the Victorian times). I have seen post on TFS saying how revolting they are (I agree, but the look is not why fetish people wear them!). Yet Beyonce wears them and they will now become mainstream props. I can imagine some brave women might even wear a pair for a short time in a club.

See photo for old 50's photo
tan_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if ever a shoe looked hard to walk in it's got to be those. I can't imagine that becoming a trend in the mainstream market. They have their place in society, apparently, and although "real" they look like they are right out of a comic book. I never knew they were worn in the "victorian" society but so much went on behind the scenes then.

They do look hard to walk in! Search on You tube and there are lots of vids of people walking (or trying to) in ballet heels. Some actually manage gracefully.

Regarding the mainstream. They have been in a few edgy fashion mags for a while now. Then Liz Hurley wore some in a POP magazine shoot a few years ago (I think she even wore them on the cover). Then the White Stripes had them in a video. Now Beyonce, who is as mainstream as it gets, wears them to excess in a video. Now she has raided the fetish closet it can't be long before every R&B singer digs out a pair too. If Beyonce wears them in a video there must be a similar singer practicing like mad in time to wear them to the next big award ceremony, even if only to stagger to her seat.

Kudos for those who can wear them. I think they can be made to look beautiful, but so far I haven't seen an example of that.

real , interesting but ugly.... :(
as beyonce used them as a part of a fetish segment i am hoping they do not become mainstream and i highly doubt it.. phew!

real , interesting but ugly.... :(
as beyonce used them as a part of a fetish segment i am hoping they do not become mainstream and i highly doubt it.. phew!

Yes, they are really ugly! To me they look a bit like if the foot has been cut off :shock:

I actually them. I have never seen them in person but I would have great admiration for the gall that could walk on them. Mostly in the Fetish/Goth scenes is as far as I have seen them in. They actually remind me in some way to Chinese foot-binding.

(pics from warsprite & photosbydolph)

Attachments

• Balancing_Act-WarSprite-DA.jpg
    Balancing_Act-WarSprite-DA.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 586
  • My_Mom_Made_Me_Take_This_Class_by_PhotosByDolph.jpg
    My_Mom_Made_Me_Take_This_Class_by_PhotosByDolph.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
^
yes same here and that is why i don't like them. I think they are quite misogenistic in their own way.

wow fashion is surely losing it...my dear girls in a few years time you may have to wear semi-trees! Or sharp metallic pipes that balance in the middle of your foot

:lol: I posted those wacky toe shoes in the ugliest shoe thread a couple of months ago. Incredible that they ended up in a video. Sheesh. People will wear anything...

Not only are they unattractive (in my opinion), they're absolutely terrible for your feet. I do applaud anyone who has the courage to wear them for more than two minutes, however.

I applaud any one who has courage to wear them, two minutes or two seconds :lol:

The last time I checked those were not intended to be walked in by anybody, even in fetish circles.

:lol: I posted those wacky toe shoes in the ugliest shoe thread a couple of months ago. Incredible that they ended up in a video. Sheesh. People will wear anything...
:lol: it is where they belong! The design is simply so hideous and tasteless :sick:

These shoes are NOT healthy. I pity any poor soul who wears them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->