Are these real shoes?

christina aguilera has been wearing these in her videos. also a man(back up dancer) was wearing them at her show when i went to see her. it was really odd. i find them creepy personally.

These are definitely interesting! But personally I can't see myself wearing them.. a little too extreme for me!

WHOOAA, i never even realised she had worn them lol
I must have had my eyes shut lmao
Thanks for posting that link :D

It's interesting but I don't find it attractive at all. It honestly offends me a little as an ex-bunhead who lived in pointe shoes for years. It take a lot of strength and training to be able to dance in pointe shoes. I feel like this is mocking that and is a gross portrayal of ballet-related things. I know it's got nothing to do with ballet except for the the being on the toes part, it's derived from the fetish world but still. I have too much respect for ballet to not let it bother me. Overly sensitive? perhaps.:innocent:

The heal seriously screws up the perception of the feet's size, and it looks a little... off. I dislike their appearence immensely.

it just gives me the creeps because there's all kinds of guys with weird fetishes who must be thrilled that now women will wear "hobble shoes" (which are designed to be both uncomfortable and preventing you from moving around, that's the point - no pun intended) for fashion, I can just imagine what they're thinking/doing, and gross! And, I think the shoes are hideous so how the heck did they get into the mainstream? Soon we can all not just look like hookers but look like hookers that appeal to the most hardcore fetishes...great

Are these fetish shoes next? You can buy them in the same stores... =/ ("pony shoes" - note the horseshoe. This is so the guy can treat you like a horsey, including ride you or have you pull a buggy, no joke)
pony4.jpg

credit: powernet.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This is the most sexist post I have read here in a long while.

Are these fetish shoes next?

Not likely to see that design in mainstream, but there again, mainstream sometimes has it's own ideas. The similarity is there, in so much as a platform shoe with no heel.

11shoes2zy6.jpg

Source: NY Times and the Spring/Summer 2008 THF picks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah they do look similar! I hope they don't have a horseshoe on the bottom. I bet they will never make those for sale, just shocker catwalk shoes. I hope! It wouldn't be long before you would lean slightly back for some reason (a strong gust of wind?) and break your leg in those.

^ i think that's why the platform goes slightly underneath the arch... maybe it lets your foot rock or something :lol:

Sorry. They are Antonio Berardi shoes, made for the New York and Paris catwalk shows this year.

From the front, they look like an ordinary shoe.

00430m.jpg

Source Style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->