Arkadius-haute Couture

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Poison, May 5, 2003.

1. Poison

Poison New Member

Arkadius is opening a new boutique in Warsaw-Poland. The new boutique is opening in May, there will be only Arkadius Anrachy Jeans collection. But designer has also announced that soon ( Paris Haute-Couture Week in January ) he will show his first H-C collection . This collection will recomend Poland in EU and also contain some parts of polish folk-culture.

Personally I think that it isn't good idea :p

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: great news from Arcadius, even though I m not a fan of his work.. I'm quite interested to see his H/C much more if it is inspired by Polish folk..
    It could look great, it could look bad, its up to him how he will 'translate' tradition ;) but as an idea, it sounds cool to non-Polish market. :heart:

btw, I think Poland is coming up strong :flower:

3. Poison

Poison New Member

It sure does- Paulina, Szczotarska, Arkadius, Aska, Siereks(family from London, two brothers and sister)

I have watched an interview with Arkadius and he said, that Gucci, YSL etc. has used cross in their collections after Arkadius has made "Virgin Marys wears trousers" shoch collection/show.

I'm not sure if they were looking at his collection really

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:huh: :lol: me neither Zeus :lol:

5. paulina

paulina New Member

this guy is really soo selfish
    :angry: he always thinks he is the centre of the world :angry:
    humble mumble humble bummble :lol:

6. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i think his stuff is okay I lieks oem of teh menswear but mostly it is to over done not very much depth but Hc sounds good for him

7. metal-on-metal

I think most of his stuff is incredibly atrocious and that Arkadius is incredibly full of himself.

As a side note, everytime someone mentions his name, I hear in my mind this horrible Fashion File quote--"I am Arkadius!" Imagine this in a flamboyant heavy-Polish accent. :sick:

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:rofl: chickonspeed, you are so on-the-point there, still lets give the poor ego tripper just one more "haute" chance :lol:

9. Erzébeth

Erzébeth New Member

just wondering, would the haute couture show just be something to boost his image? don't they cost a lot and make no money?

i thought it was just advertisement for big houses :unsure: