Arkadius Leaving Poland

Poison

Reaction score
Famous Polish designer Arkadius was on the way up at opening Arkadius Anarchy Jeans Butique and Arkadius Vodka Bar in Warsaw (Capitol of Poland). Last season butique was doing well with 600000pln(about 150000$) turnover in 6 months.
Then he couldn't look for his business in Poland, went to London and left his jeans flagshop in hands of his Polish partners. They chose HongKong for the place where clothes were sewed. Quality of clothes was bad, and prices went up twice. Then the rumours started. Polish tabloids said NO to Arkadius, he was very sad that in his country people don't accept his fashion. Also it is almoust sure that his partners were cheating, and bring the company to bancrucy.
He could stay here in Poland and save his business but he chose to continue his career in London and shut down boutique and bar. It's starnge cause most of the high quality press was writing very good about him, also last month he did his show in Metropolitan building in Warsaw and signed contract with Vodka Wyborowa.

In the interview, yet not published , he is saying about living the fashion world, and all his labels and designing. He said that we will here about him for sure, maybe soon.

It is sad for me, casue I'm his fan, and once more Poland said NO to the new designers, Warsaw's Fashion (world) is very airtight.

Poison :( B) :angry:

Poison, thanks for this informative post. Was the vodka bar actually in business for a few months and then it closed or did it never open?

I can't say but probably it there was an opening party (it was for sure) and then after few days it was closed. There is a note on the door "Sorry but today butique is closed" But this note has been there for 2 weeks with no date.

Too bad. Based on what you wrote it appears there were customers for his jeans boutique and patrons for the bar venture. If it all collasped due to bad management, it's a real shame.

Yes, there were pages of magazines showing Arkadius party etc., etc. and then big shotdown, maybe he is also out of his strength.

And I forgot to add that he has only two boutiques-one with pret-a-porte in London, and second in Warsaw with Jeans collection.

Arkadius has good press here in Poland. But I think "High Heels" a weekly addition for women from Gazeta Wyborcza (the biggest polish newspaper), has never showed his clothes for several months now. Elle or other fashion mags love him more :-)

Arkadius started with a loud image, but very confusing, kind of "sth for everyone", which is not so right imo. He also made a top (which was a crap:-) sold with Elle magazine as a gift for free. When the shop opened the press said "everybody is welcome and one could buy accesories for less money there too". OK, it is nice, but nobody said about design or craftmanship or at least the clothes.

A few weeks ago he made a show which received very warm reaction from the press. I saw only Tshirts with his face ala Miss Monroe all over. Looked like a joke to me (but I saw a cute japanese girl here in it tho :-)

The Warsaw fashion scene is booming :-) with young designers. But nobody seems to make his/her "own" fashion here, still.

somehow i never managed to take Arcadius seriously :innocent:

To be precisely this top was made for "VIVA" and it was really horrible. He made two shows, one which I was saying about and another for RAVEL company, it was something like :Arakdius by Ravel or Ravel by Arkadius. This Ravel collection was a night mare, very low prices but low quality and horrible design.

If you want to see some interesting polish designers sites go to:

www.annakuczynska.com

www.maschafashion.com

www.miroslawmiklos.com

There is also Paprocki& Brzozowski label, but I don't know their site, also search Dawid Wolinski, Gosia Baczynska, Maciej Zien

Oh, thanks for correction (VIVA is even worse than Elle:-) and the sites.
At least one site is in polish :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->