Armani Prive Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by MagFan, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

2. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

3. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

vogue.com

4. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

vogue.com

5. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

vogue.com

6. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

vogue.com

7. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

livingly.com

8. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Absolutely love this collection. this could be one of my favorite Privé collections. It's very controlled, true to aesthetic but it has enough drama for such ample amount of elegance and sophistication. The use of feather is fabulous. I really want to see someone in the black velvet and feather skirt look.

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Fell asleep after the first 20 looks. 94 is an overkill! Way too much. And it gets very saccharine towards the end.

10. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I think that Maria Grazia and Alexis Manille should do some interns at Armani to see how to execute properly garnments and for Alexis even more, to see how to treat tricky colors with respect.

It’s very Hits & Misses and he has done better collections in the past but there are some great Redcarpet dresses.

I have a lot of respect for Armani because he is really the last who does proper «*Ladies who lunch*» type of Couture. It’s really for a more mature and even older clientele for very formal events.
    It’s always slightly dated but it has a lot a charm and it’s perfectly balanced with the luxury of the whole thing.

There are some very tacky color and fabrics combinations but I even don’t mind because Couture is really for me the only place today where Armani’s voice is still heard.

I wish he would just do Couture and let someone else take the RTW.

11. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

There's too many looks but it's gorgeous, I'm always pleasantly surprised when he goes for something a bit different than the usual repetitive stuff.

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Feel exactly the same! With all the other collections he's spreading himself thin instead of putting out two taut collections. But despite what we think, the Armani brand seems to be silently growing from strength to strength. I think it's impressive that he's lasted this long. He had a tough time in America when the Jil Sanders, Liz Claibornes and Donna Karan pulled in the power businesswomen because his brand was perhaps too aligned with the outdated 'ladies who lunch.'

Where he succeeds is with his jackets! The fit, whether cropped, tight, or loose is always immaculate. Also his evening gowns.

13. AnaD

AnaD Member

Very,very elegant, and the collection holds up even with all those looks. Maria Grazia should take note, this is how you design a large collection. I love how he designs, his garments are so refined, elegant and beautifully made, Prive is for me one of the few brands that I consider too be keeping culture alive today. His clothes are what you expect culture to be, and even after so many shows with so many looks, his work still sparkles and captivates. I'm never bored looking at an Armani Price show, and that is talent.

I also appreciate that he's one of the few culture houses that has mostly designed with an older clientele in mind. His clothes are refined and utterly glamourous, a look that many younger women would be unable to pull off just right.

14. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Dated and tacky? Yes, but man, you got me with this FLAWLESS execution. Cant wait to red carpet season and see a lot Armani Prive like late '00s all over again.

15. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

The show has as many exquisite looks (the dress in look 39, look 51, look 86, and pretty much every look with a jacket) as it does unnecessary, verging on ugly ones (all the fur and pink/fuchsia looks). For a business that relies so much on editing (from the runways to the pages of magazine), it baffles me how such action seems to be out of fashion.

16. CommanderTMugler

CommanderTMugler Active Member

Just flawless, everything is perfect. It could have been 2 collections but that Armani charm holds it all together. The jackets, the gowns, the colors, the fabrics, the embroidery, the tailoring and the variety of looks from day wear to evening gowns. Call it dated, it's classic and effective. No need to mess with a winning formula.

The only thing though, it feels like a best of Armani Prive collection given so many looks, which wouldn't surprise me if he did retire soon, though I hope not.

17. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

fantastic

especially the last 30 or so looks. wow.

18. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

fantastic

especially the last 30 or so looks. wow.

19. mackos

mackos Alluring

Stunning collection and an absolute winner of the Couture week for me.

It's simply so classy, elegant and flattering, just the things I want to see in fashion right now. So many flawless and gorgeous silhouettes.

Also, I'm living for these two feather capes. Ultimate couture fantasy.

20. mackos

mackos Alluring

Stunning collection and an absolute winner of the Couture week for me.

It's simply so classy, elegant and flattering, just the things I want to see in fashion right now. So many flawless and gorgeous silhouettes.

Also, I'm living for these two feather capes. Ultimate couture fantasy.