Artwork You Own

YoninahAliza

Reaction score
I love art work, I don't own a lot personally, seeing as I'm a poor college student but my parents always stressed to my sister and I to see the beauty in it and to start collecting young. At the moment I mainly have a few prints/posters of favorite photographers works. I'm looking to add to my collection though. And while I don't have a lot of artwork that I own my parents have a nice amount. Anyways, I thought this thread would be a nice place to share what we own, what were looking into buying, or our dream pieces of art.

These are two which I have hanging in my bedroom. The first, is just the picture which is on the poster I got from the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. I always get my posters matted, that way they last and look like proper artwork.

main_image.jpg

http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/

And I got this poster at the SFMOMA showing of Richard Avedon's work a few years ago.

richard-avedon-dovima-with-elephants-c1955.jpg

www.allposters.com

And finally, I was wondering, what are some of your favorite places to buy art? I'm always looking for new artists to support and places to shop. ^_^

There's etsy.com where you can buy art at very reasonable prices.
You can get amazing prints from vandaprints.com (Victoria and Albert Museum in London)
I bought some prints from a graphic design student...and that didn't ruin me.. Maybe hang around art colleges and artist studios would be a good Idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->