Ashy elbows-

Alfie78

Reaction score
I was wondering what I could do to get rid of ashy elbows? Okay, I know I should stop leaning on them B) but what works to get rid of it. I have used bleach cream on my elbows but it doesn't get any better. My elbows have been ashy ever since I can remember and even if I scrub my elbows, it doesn't go away. Does anyone have any suggestions?:D

Moisturize like crazy. Cocoa-butter is good--the pure cocoa-butter you get in a big chapstick tube. Queen Helene is good, and cheap. $1.50 at Family Dollar last I looked. One tube of that will last you over a year, even if you use it every day, on your elbows, lips, or wherever else your skin is flaky and overly dry.

Okay darling, the only way...and I mean only way...to get rid of the ashy dryness is to:

1) exfoliate that area
2) THEN moisturize

you have to get rid of that layer of dead or dry skin in order for the moisturizers to get below the surface.
putting Cocoa butter and other creams on immediately is temporary because it just hits the surface and is not allowed to get below the surface. So find a good exfoliant and then moisturize away....you'll notice a fabulous difference. Believe me, I did it. :-)

I meant to add....don't go and spend a lot for the scrub. There are great places like The Body Shop and other little shops that will make the scrub for you. there's a shop here in Nashville called Bath Junkie, which adds your favorite fragrance to your product (wouldn't use a fragrance on the face though). Mary Kay has a great body scrub as well.....

Best to you!

the only thing i've heard is lemonjuice, they say it works like a charm.

Thanks guys

Thank you! I will be definetly be using your advice! Yah! For now on, nice, clean looking elbows!:D

Chop a lemon in half, and squeeze it against your elbows, then exfoliate.... and then moisture :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlierincs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->