Asian Eyes

BBgIZzZMo thank you so much for posting ! :woot:
I love the pictures of the asian eyes !!
Please post more if you get the chance :heart:

Again thanks ! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
that exact look? or a toned down version? the eyebrows could be achieved w/ a seroius application w/ an eyebrow pencil filled in w/ eyeshadow? btw i don't usually wear a lot of makeup so i dont know all the different kinds...it looks like liquid liner was used on the eyes. the mouth would be taupe lipstick, and foundation for an even all over base w/ some bronzer dusted on top so it doesn't look too ashy?
---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks ^_^ I don't think I would try the eyebrows though :P

Here's some pics of some korean actresses

Kim Hee-Sun
img_10_1341_0

Kim Min-Hee
img_11_1211_0

428d9918b0270.jpg

laneige2003dream03.jpg

laneige2003dream02.jpg

laneige2003dream01.jpg

trend_summer_laneige_01.jpg

So you would use a pencil and then eyeshadow to cover? What brand? what color for the eyebrow?

sw33tricecakes said:
that exact look? or a toned down version? the eyebrows could be achieved w/ a seroius application w/ an eyebrow pencil filled in w/ eyeshadow? btw i don't usually wear a lot of makeup so i dont know all the different kinds...it looks like liquid liner was used on the eyes. the mouth would be taupe lipstick, and foundation for an even all over base w/ some bronzer dusted on top so it doesn't look too ashy?

---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks ^_^ I don't think I would try the eyebrows though :P

Thanks but I'm not familiar with Anastasia, are you talking about a person?.

thewannabe said:
I think those pics are from a Chinese magazine, not Japanese... (the writing is Chinese).

Anyhow... with brows, I would just get them done professionally... I recommend getting them done at Anastasia (found at Nordstroms). They wax, trim, color, blend, the works... And despite the cost; the you get some great tips and get introduced to some great products. As with a make-over at the make-up counter, at first it may seem dramatic if you are not used to it.

I usually get my eyebrows done, its a small place thats affordable but they do it really well. I try to keep it in the shape they have it done but never do. One of the things on my 'to do list'
I don't do that darken eyebrow thing but have nothing against it, would recommend it (in my mind, don't have the guts to say that to a person) as long as it looks good.

I just bought the perscriptives brow set. It comes with little tweezers, which I think is so cool. I contacted the model I posted before and she says she uses mac.

laura mercier tight lining is wonderful... basically u lift up your eyelid and u take a flat liner with their cake eyeliner and u line the "real" lashline... go to any counter @ saks or neimans or nordstroms and they can show you how to do it.... it instantly opens ur eyes up... u put on a little black mascara and ur good... i can never wear eyeliner because i have one crease on one eye, and no crease on the other.. but this works perfectly... i just dont use liner and just eyeshadow, because its easier to make one side thicker than the other with eyeshadow without looking like an idiot who wears thick eyeliner

i think anastacia is overpriced if u only need minor shaping... if u have thick eyebrows that truly need to be tamed, they may do a great job, but if ur eyebrows have a basic shape and aren't thick/bushy, you would be good going to a nail salon to get waxed.. they do a great job, and for under $10... i've never gone to a nail salon and was disappointed with the waxings, but there are some that pay more attention to detail, so get it done at several places before setting your heart on one person.

I don't have a crease at all, so I avoid trying to create a crease with dark eyeshadow. I remember before I got married, the makeup artist tried to do this dark smoky eye thing, and I swear I just looked like I got beat up! Anyhow, I asked her to redo it, and brought a book called "Asian Beauty". I ended up with eyeshaw which was really pretty, more of a gold color on the browbone for a highlight, and a light sparkly rose color on my entire lid. Why try to make a crease if there isn't one? Then, I use liquid eyeliner on the bottom and outer corner of my eyes. For eyebrows, threading has always worked and it looks great. I have seem some asian girls shave their brows and pencil them in (ick) or just pencil them in completely and they look fake. My aunt tattooed them in (ick) and they don't look all that great. So....the best bet is to stay natural. :wink: Good luck!

^ Threading is a way to shape your eyebrows by making a loop with a thread and twirl it a couple of times. The loop with the twirl is then applied with light pressure on the eyebrow and you begin to remove the hair that way.

Couldn't explain very well, but I hope it helps somewhat :flower:

Yes, that's exactly it.. it's some indian method, but it works wonders, and get every bit of hair! Women even have their upper lip, side(burns), face done too. :smile:

I don't think it hurts.. to me, it's kind of a funny sensation. It feels like something "crunching" on your eyebrow, but it's nothing that you'd cry over. Sideburns are a different story.. I am so ticklish there that I end up laughing when they're finished. The upper lip is not so bad as well.. just near the lip it can be a bit untolerable. But you know, for your first experience, I'd just try the brows. Or even, just go to a salon and watch someone have it done. It's worth it. And for some people, threading lasts a long time, like 3 weeks between threading. My hubby had it done once.. just to clean up his brows a little... and his lasted longer! I think it was because he never had them threaded before.

For me it did sting a bit and I got teary. But that goes for anything that you haven't
tried before, it's the feeling of something diffrent.

The first time you pluck your eyebrows it stung a little as well, cause your
eyebrow wasn't used to the feeling. Eventually you get used to it and it doesn't
feel anything :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->