Asian Eyes

Really, where in NY?

Upstate ny is sooooo much colder than nyc.

Nah... white isn't boring. I like paleness a lot.

haha, sorry I dont know what my problem was yesterday...
I'm in NYNY. I'm liking the weather here. It's been fairly warm.

Yeah paleness is cool. I like it too.

ok so,
just to keep with the subject at hand... 'Asian eye'
I love the fact that Asian images... old and new they exaggerate the eyes and make them alot bigger. Also I guess Asians sometimes wear black contacts so that their eyes look more intense... That's cool.
body language-wise I think the eyes are used more in japan to express something subtle. Maybe hard to prove or even talk about but I seemed to notice it....

I am half asian and half european so my eyes at the corners are asian and the middle part is european as in I have eyelids. My eyes are almond shaped kitten eyes. Just wanted to share that...lol

How should i go about trying to get a "smokey eye look" without look like someone punched me in the face? :lol: My eyes aren't very deep-set so i don't get the desired results i see in magazines:cry:

eurofashionjunki said:
I am half asian and half european so my eyes at the corners are asian and the middle part is european as in I have eyelids. My eyes are almond shaped kitten eyes. Just wanted to share that...lol
I have eyes like that, too. And I never know what to do with eye make-up because my eyebrows are quite high and it either ends up looking like I have too little make-up or too much and going halfway looks just as ridiculous. :(

Eurasian Mélange said:
I have eyes like that, too. And I never know what to do with eye make-up because my eyebrows are quite high and it either ends up looking like I have too little make-up or too much and going halfway looks just as ridiculous. :(
Yeah my eyes are the same. They have a crease but they're still almond shaped. Yeah, whenever I try to go for a more natural look it looks like I have NO makeup on, instead of a subtle amout. So that's why I then just go for an overthe top look.

Golden_butterfly: I LOVE that look!!

Eurasian Mélange said:

Hey!! Welcome another eurasian. That is exactly it with applying makeup for me. These damn half asian half european eyes.....

^ I don't think it's that hard to find the right kind of make up for euroasian eyes :smile:
Kristin Kreuk is a great example though.

Golden_butterfly said:
^ I don't think it's that hard to find the right kind of make up for euroasian eyes :smile:
Kristin Kreuk is a great example though.

oh yeah! Thank you....I'm going to google her and see what makeup she's put on her face. I really don't know what kind of colours. I have olive skin, dark brown hair, hazel-brown-black mix eye colour (if that makes any sense).

Thanks for the suggestion, Golden_butterfly and thank you for the welcome, eurofashionjunki. :smile:

I don't really know what colours to use, either. :unsure: I have a light tan skin, green/brown eyes and brown hair, but my eyebrows and eyelashes are black (hair used to be curly and black, but it got lighter as I got older). I want to use something that will bring out the green in my eyes more, but I have no idea what colour to use and what will look okay.

And I know what you mean with the mixed eye colour. I knew this woman once who had very scary eyes; they were brown, blue, green and yellow right next to her pupils. :blink: She wasn't wearing contacts, either.

from what I've seen, it works great on asian eyes with creases too. usually the crease on asian eyes is close enough to the lash line that it's hard to really contour it without making the eye seem really closed and small, so this is a good method for most people--creased or creaseless :smile:

I'm hoping that maybe someone here can help me out because I haven't been able to find a solution to my asian eye problem. I do have a slight crease, slightly more prominent than the last girl's picture in the previous post (I'm only half asian). But when I put eye shadow on, a couple hours later everything just kind of melts into the crease and all I'm left with is eyeliner, a mix of eyeliner and shadow just in the crease, and a tiny bit of shadow that stays around the corner of my eyes. It's like if I closed my eyes, you'd see a dark line of makeup sitting in that crease. I hope my explanation makes some sense. I feel like my eyelids sweat or something :unsure: So far I've been using a eyelid primer by Fresh on my lids and that helps a little bit, but it doesn't hold up as long as I would like it too. Any suggestions would be sooo helpful!

Their eyes are not bad.Quite good.How do you feel?
0093.jpg

0020.jpg

0124.jpg

0015-2.jpg

0172.jpg

0145.jpg

0147.jpg

0156.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members