Asian Faces In High Fashion #1

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by Ujjwala, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

2. Golden_butterfly

3. Golden_butterfly

4. Golden_butterfly

Meghnas lil sister Sameera

5. pinkillumination

pinkillumination New Member

where is she from? shes really pretty.

6. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

She looks South Asian to me.

7. Golden_butterfly

8. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

She reminds me of Ujjwala Rait here...

9. Nader

Nader Active Member

she's way too pretty and good to be modelling for baby phat :sick:

Are there even any arabic/middle eastern models out there? I guess you can consider that asian since it is in asia :)

edit: is middle east its own continent? things have changed since grade 2...

10. BCBG freak

BCBG freak New Member

Yeah I have to agree... Je deteste Baby Phat... :sick: :sick:

And I don't know if there are any arabic models... I wanna know the same thing.
    The ARAB world is the middle east + northern Africa (where I'm from!!! La Tunisie to be specific! ps. I hate it when people mistake us to be middle eastern).. But the MIDDLE EAST itself is most of the panhandle of southwestern Asia...

11. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

Agree! :wacko: ...but hey, at least the whole summer campaign was all just her though...even though Baby Phats just.. blah :yuk: ...you gotta start somewhere. :rolleyes: :innocent:

12. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I love asian models, very pritty and intresting.

I like Kae and Mey alot, I think mey is good becuas she looks very asain as where it seems liek alot of asain models have a more westernized look, nto to discret the.

Devon is beautiful :heart: , btu you ahve to rember she is also half american.

I have never really liked Ai

13. Nader

Nader Active Member

mey looked sooooo good in the change clothes video :)

14. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Nader, I agree!

15. skyred

skyred New Member

The Middle East is part of Asia. What about Kimorea Lee Simmons? She use to be a model.

16. plasticine20

plasticine20 New Member

Actually if you take a stroll down Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, or Seoul (and probably a multitude of other Asian cities. I haven't been to South Asia yet so someone'll have to tell me about that), you'll see quite a number of tall girls. Okay, maybe not as much as if you were in, say, Copenhagen or Amsterdam, but still a considerable amount. I think the stereotype that Asian girls are small generated in the 80s when true, the asians people see were pretty petite. But now a lot of asian girls are tall. My sister, for one, is 5'9" (while I'm only 5'7", how unfair)

Also, my discovery is that notion of 'short' Asian girls is more apparent in countries in Southeast Asia, like the Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, etc. than in northeastern asian countries (Japan, China, Korea, etc). But that's just my observation. I'm sure there are exceptions. [/b][/quote]
    Southeast Asian girls are typically short. I'm Vietnamese, and about 5'3. When I compare my height to other Vietnamese girls, I tend to be taller.

The Japanese are typically short, but have been getting taller over the years. I believe it has to do with a change in diet. The staple was fish and rice. Though it still is, there is more variety. In the more recent generations, people have been getting noticeably taller.

I'm not trying to be Ms. Politically Correct, but folks, Asians are not "Oriental. Reserve that term for rugs and other decor, style, etc. :flower:

17. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I love Ling and Ai! But I'm not so keen on some of the newer ones :blink: They look a bit too sullen. China's a huge country, there are a wide variety of heights and physical appearances. The whole myth about Chinese being short probably comes from that Southern Chinese, being near the water were more likely to migrate (Guangzhou, Hong Kong,etc) and this is apparent in Southern Chinese food being well known. Girls from other parts of China are known to be a lot taller - some of them are easily 6 foot +. And anyway, I'm 5'9" and Chinese :D

18. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

no male representation? not anymore; check him out!

Daniel Henny, this is his portfolio from DNA, make sure you thumb through all of them, he's beautiful!

http://www.dnamodels.com/portfolio.asp?ModelID=3017&Page=9

i've seen him in the last YSL and Gucci shows. yay, tom ford for the asian represention!

19. ~Hair_Goddess~

~Hair_Goddess~ New Member

I do not think devon is pretty at all :sick: and i think her facial features and blah.....though i do find them interesting but in a strange way but that makes them unique so i like unique....... I really dont' think she is pretty BUT BECAUSE she has a doll shape face and has these VERY intersting FEATURES.....I see that is how she is a model bc of her uniqueness and stuff.....otherwise for looks wise NO NO NO NO NO

20. ~Hair_Goddess~

~Hair_Goddess~ New Member

and also u ppl talk about devon like she is full asian or something.,,...did u guys forget she is half and is part white too .... ARGH!!!!!!!! sorry I am a very mixed person and well when ppl label u or take out one of my cultures that they like they just put me in the category without remembering that i am like 4 out nationalities as well. :angry: Or like lets say one of my nationalities that I am and say a person who I am talkign to has that same nationality they label me with them and it's like hello I am not full whatever argh argh argh did that make sense.. and this one guy i know he is white and black and he looks more white definetly than black.....but ppl still say the black guy or u know that black guy it's like HELLO U KONW U CAN TELL HE IS ALMOST PRACTICALLY white and YES U CAN TOTALLY SEE THE BLACK but still they are okay nevermind i woudl just go on and on

:flower:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.