Attn artists: global mail-art project

.francesca

about to fall or fly
Reaction score
i am the alternative spaces coordinator for a gallery here in halifax, and we have a really interesting project coming up that will extend into the summer, culminating in an exhibit at another gallery in halifax. it's a mail-art project, which means we'll be sending blank postcards out to individuals and galleries in canada, north america and other parts of the world and they will in turn decorate the postcards as they wish: with drawings, collages, stitches, whatever. they can send them to others to help decorate as well, and we will (hopefully) get all the postcards back by mid-summer so we can install the show.

if you'd like to participate in the mail-art project, you may do so by pm'ing me your address and you will receive your postcards in the mail in the next few weeks. they will have guidelines printed on them as well.

thanks for your interest/participation!

:heart:

yay, francesca, i'm definitely participating!:heart:

Uuh uh...:bounce: :bounce: ... me too...:P ... but that's no surprise is it...:wink: :heart:

yay! :heart:

here are the guidelines (they are also printed on the back of the postcard:(

Postcard Project Guidelines

*This project is a study in collaboration over distance, charting the development of projects over time. Each piece produced is to be displayed along with a step-by-step record that will show how it changed as it passed from one set of hands to another.

*Having received this postcard you are expected to decorate it. Change the front face of this card in any way you see fit. Then, send it on to somebody else so they can do the same.

*After changing the front face of this card, and before mailing it to another artist, the Khyber Centre for the Arts requires that you make a record of your work. Please send at least one digital image (.tif, .jpg or .pdf), with a resolution of 300 dpi or better to [email protected]

*If you are unable to access digital equipment we will also accept 35mm slides at the address listed below.

*In order to give to project more depth, you are encouraged, but not required, to send supplementary images - such as those of artists, places and spaces related to you your work or this project as well.

*IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS CARD ON OR AFTER 15 JULY 2006 YOU MUST RETURN IT, DECORATED, TO THE KHYBER CENTRE FOR THE ARTS.

cool...i want to do it too...
you have my info .f

:heart:

thanks so much guys! :heart: all this interest is really fantastic. i will send a pm when we have posted them, so you have a general idea of when you'll receive them.

Can I join? :shifty:

*EDIT: I didnt actually read what this was, and it sounds better than I imagined :woot:

:clap:I'd like to join too

I already sent you a PM. It's also good that I live in Canada, isn't it^_^
Maybe we can send the postcards among other TFSers too? (*o*);

gius said:
:clap:I'd like to join too

I already sent you a PM. It's also good that I live in Canada, isn't it^_^
Maybe we can send the postcards among other TFSers too? (*o*);

that's a really good idea ! - i have my hands full right now with this project, but once it gets off the ground, i'll have more time to organise a tfs-wide project. thanks for the idea! if i need help, i'm calling on you :wink:

JR1 - i have your info from the mix trade, so i'll add you! ^_^

i really want to do this, but i'm not sure if i have anyone to send it to...

pastry, i don't believe that for a second! besides, you can always just send it right back to us :wink:

edit: i think we'll be sending all the postcards out this week, so if you'd like to participate, let me know by tuesday at the latest. thanks again for all your interest! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok! :woot: tomorrow we're addressing and sending out the postcard packets. please let me know that you got them ok by pm'ing me...and thanks for your interest and participation! i'm really excited about this project and i'll be sure to document to show all of you :heart:

hey guys! can you let me know when you receive your cards? i've heard from some people that they have and others that they haven't...just want to see where we are with this.

oh i got my package from you i think yesterday, francesca:D sorry i didn't message sooner--i had exams:ninja:
now i'll have time to work on the postcard!!

I havent got mine yet...But they should be here soon...gives me more time to think of ideas :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->