Australia's Next Top Model

With that said I don't think Demelza is a bad person deep down and I think people need to get over it.

I don't think people think she is bad, just incredibly immature.

People might get over it quicker if Demelza didn't badmouth Alex and everyone else every chance she got. Maybe it's all editing, but the girl only has nasty things to say, even if it is with a smile. I never heard her say anything nice, just things like "I hope she trips" and "Her walk is s**t". Alex was quick to point out someone who did poorly but also gave people credit too.

And Demelza's poor little me attitude during fashion week was so childish. Picking flowers and throwing them on the ground and bitching about how she wasn't walking the show. Please. Read a book, do some sit ups or listen to your ipod.

^^ I was thinking the same thing during those scenes. "Girl, if you can afford Gucci why can't you buy a book to past the time? :unsure:"

yeah but dont forget she is still only 16 and still not fully mature. Also alex said she looked down on people and thought she was better than others.. i hate ppl with attitudes like that..

the australias next top model franchise was lucky to even secure editorial deals with vogue australia in the first place. but that was cause this NTM franchise actually had a good track record of producing amazing finalists, especially when you compare it to the calibre of models that come out of the other NTM franchises. gemma i think is an amazing beauty with a gorgeous face, althought she doesnt have runway type body. i think eboni, regardless of her lack of motivation for the fashion scene, has a good body and look that would have otherwise worked if she had tried. so, come 3rd season, they secured a deal and surely alice was amazing also. its going to be unlikely that if australiasNTM were to go for a 5th season, that they can secure an editorial spread with vogue again given this seasons dreadful outcome. I think its hit home that this is just a reality tv show and not really representative of modeling or the fashion industry or anything that the vogue brand really tries to represent at the end of the day. Especially, when vogue (walking into this deal thinking that it will end on the usual positive) actually realized the hard way they had little control over their obligations to the show, even when special circumstances arise that makes it unsuitable to associate with this program anymore (i.e. the bullying incident and the winner being the bully).

I think kristi clements is making it clear herself and vogue is dissastisfied with this and is merely featuring demelza due to contractual agreement, but i do believe it was an 8 page editorial spread and not just 3 pages. but she wont be making the cover like alice did.

Yea, poor alamela. her look, poise and demeanor reminds me of someone i know and to think that people can treat others in such a disgusting way, is heart breaking to watch. although, im sure also that alamela is deep down a smart girl whos pulling strings to fight back in her own ways, such as the crying in public and taking the moral higher ground etc, i wouldn't think more into it other than to fully support her side because it appears obvious to me she was the victim.

i agree with a lot of what you said in both your posts here.

i went to see the live finale and was shocked to say the least. i knew demelza was going to win, but i was hoing by some chance they wouldnt let her. i spoke to her at the after party and all i can say is she seemed extremely up herself. which i suppose didnt shock me.

i just dont think she's a special beauty. she will work because she is australias next top model and more a celebrity than anything else, but getting work on her own, im not so sure about.

she has a nice face, but nothing else model-like.

gemma who won the first season was there and she looked so gorgeous. i agree that she doesnt have a runway body unfortunately, but she had an amzing body for modelling. where as eboni had was a perfect size for runway modelling, i think she chose not to model, more than anything. and compared to demelza was extremely lovely and down to earth at the after party.

we saw gemma in a lot of campaigns in australia and alice has done so well (need i say more?) and i really dont think demelza will have the same kind of success.

i think girls enter this competition for 3 main reasons. 1. because a friend(s) convince them to. 2. they want to be famous. 3. they want to be a model.

in my opinion alex wanted to be model. demelza just wanted to be famous.

she just grinds me!

well it looks like sam will work a lot anyway! and she has the only model body out of the final. alyce did at the beginning as well. but not anymore.

yay for another Demelza hater :lol:

Alice became successful in her own right. and i think Sam might be successful too (tho, yes, she's a bit more on the short side, at, what, 174? i know it's tall, but Alice is TAAAAAALLLLLL!)

You know how the Demelza and Alex both (as finalists) were part of Aus fashion week (both doing Perry), I was looking at pictures from his show last night, and Sam walked as well? Is this because Alex P would have asked her to or did she do it on her own, blah blah lol? I don't know if I explained that properly? I remember seeing Sam in another show too?

^ Yeah I remember seeing Sam in something else too!

^ Yess thankyou!! :D I love Sam, I totally wish she had won

Wow, I had no idea that she had walked those shows. Good for her! :clap:

Demelza tarnished her own reputation. It's fun to know when models are " bad" ( like Campbell, Moss etc.) but knowing they're actually viciously nasty is not fun. IMO, very few people are interested in models like that.

I'm not suprised Abbey Lee is getting the cover over this girl at all. They're giving it to a top Australian model. Abbey is that, Demelza is not and IMO has made sure for herself that she never will be.

Demelza tarnished her own reputation. It's fun to know when models are " bad" ( like Campbell, Moss etc.) but knowing they're actually viciously nasty is not fun. IMO, very few people are interested in models like that.

It is true to say that she did tarnish her own reputation; perhaps she is a really good person deep down, but that didn't really come across whilst filming Australia's Next Top Model, and thats what people see, and base their judgements on. Sure, stuff must have been edited out, but I don't think they'd deliberately pick on her, edit all the moments she was being funny and nice out to make her look so vicious and mean on purpose? :blink: If she really is sincere about her mistakes, she will try to correct them, and build herself a positive reputation, and show people that she is a good person to be around and to work with. It will be hard work, with a first bad impression, but its possible.

i doubt it. she seems to stuck up...

who am i kidding, "seems" :lol:

she's straight up spoiled as hell.

Sure, stuff must have been edited out, but I don't think they'd deliberately pick on her, edit all the moments she was being funny and nice out to make her look so vicious and mean on purpose? :blink:

Did I imply that in my post??? :blink: Sorry if I did, because I definitely don't believe that.

If she really is sincere about her mistakes, she will try to correct them, and build herself a positive reputation, and show people that she is a good person to be around and to work with. It will be hard work, with a first bad impression, but its possible.

Yeah, if she was a good model :innocent: Sorry, that's maybe mean but I doubt Demelza will get much of a chance to " change" her reputation. She's not Alice, not by a long shot. IMO, she's just like any other NTM winner. Sorry :ninja:

Demelza makes a thousand promises...she won't change...physically or mentally...she was saying bitchy things about other people till the last episode...I love how Alex Perry pointed out that she made no effort to change to her body even though every episode she kept saying she was working on it...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the videos!!! :flower:

Alex said already how she was "working out" for 10 minutes a day. seriously, 10 minutes won't do sh!t to your body.

I doubt Demelza will get much of a chance to " change" her reputation. She's not Alice, not by a long shot. IMO, she's just like any other NTM winner. Sorry

Demelza makes a thousand promises...

I agree. It's all well and good to get a personal trainer when you've already made the F2, but when theoretically her place in the competition was at stake (like every other contestant, week to week) she didn't care. Unlike Alyce and Bec, she didn't suffer the consequences of getting the axe. This extends to her behaviour as well as we all saw that she was nasty and bratty to the end.

Well, now her competition is every other model in Australia (and NY if she's lucky enough to get signed)... as shown in the last two eps she had a tough go at that. Even Alex with her wonky walk booked more shows than her.

I'm glad that Kirstie Clements made no bones about not being pleased with having to use Demelza in the magazine.

^^^thanks for that link. Wow, the big D is going to have a hard time getting an actual career going now. Way to p*ss off the editor of vogue. :innocent:

Ha, I bet Jodhi won't even hire her for Tigerlily the way she did for Steph in the last season. Oh well, maybe she'll be able to do some stuff in Asia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->