Australia's Next Top Model

^Yeah. I thought in an interview she said she had lost a few but knew that she needed to still lose more? As much as I'm not fond of her though I think it's too bad since her body looks great as is, IMO. That Project Runway designer was so sweet when he commented on the weird industry standards. (Trying not to break any rules here.)

Yeah that was so lovely of him :flower:

I think the ANTM editorial is normally in the September issue.

i met her a number of weeks ago and wasnt suprised that was even more airy fairy than on the show and severly up herself. and i met her through one of her friends.

i think she will get a real shock when she comes into the real world of modelling. just like steph did in the last season. and stephs no longer with priscillas...

Alex has been signed to Priscilla's as well! Very interesting!

i dont like alamela! i sent her like a nice msg on myspace n she rote back saying .. thats nice! :S she seems very herself n i dont find her attractive at all!

Jodhi Meares won't be back next season...OMG!!!
she got axed and it seems that either Charlotte Dawson or Megan Gale will replace her...

Good news! I think Megan Gale will be more representative for a "top model" status than Jodhi.

I actually would prefer Charlotte to remain as a judge since I have so much fun with her in that position and think Gale would definitely work as the host better, being a model and whatnot.

Please, Gale, as long as you manage to say your lines better than an elementary school slow learner (not to make fun of those people -- but Jhodi was a grown woman with her own business for crying out loud and English as her first language) you'll be a remarkable improvement. :flower:

What's your source, modeldom? I can't find anything on the internet. I guess it just just got announced, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Oh yes, I saw that article somewhere where she mentioned not returning to media work, thanks :flower:. I hope it bears out. The show really doesn't need her at all.

From the same livejournal, there's also an article saying that Jodhi joined Scientology:
http://community.livejournal.com/ausntm/202500.html

Don't know if it's true but I would'nt doubt it. Personally I think it's a shame that this woman went from hosting a recently legit modeling show to screwing it up and joining a cult. What a waste. :/

I would love to see Charlotte host over Megan juse because she brings some wit and fire to the show.

^^ True but we already get that with her as a judge ^_^ and she wasn't all that great hosting the show with Jordan. And I don't think she's ever been a model really (has she?).

Swimsuit? FHM? I don't think she was really a modell-y model.

...er, if that makes sense at all?

Charlotte did FHM? I can't imagine it :shock:^_^. Yeah, I get what you mean.

Hee. I don't think she actually did, I'm just being bitchy. :ninja: But yeah, totally not a 'model' model.

:lol: Better you being bitchy than it actually be the truth.

Here's a small preview + accompanying article to Demelza's ed in September Vogue Aus. I think they're playing up the "snub" issue. It was a surprise when Alice B got the cover, not expected, and she was nowhere near "supermodel" status, the editor just liked her a whole lot and so supported the movie. Demelza's pictures may not be up to scratch but let's admit it -- the editor didn't approve of her so a cover was out of the question. It's a good thing Aussie models are hot right now otherwise she'd have the ignominy of having her edit featured with a reprint cover :lol:.

Vogue snubs top model winner Demelza

14:00 AEST Thu Jul 31 2008

3107_demelza_sp.jpg

Demelza Reveley in one of the Vogue pictures.

She may have won Australia's Next Top Model, but the program's judges agree — 16-year-old Demelza Reveley is no cover girl.
Unlike last year's winner Alice Burdeu, Reveley will not grace the cover of Vogue Australia, with the magazine's editor declaring she is simply not up to the job.

Instead another Australian model, Abbey Lee Kershaw, has been chosen as the cover model for the magazine's September edition, with Reveley relegated to an eight-page spread in the back pages — the bare minimum of Vogue's contractual agreement with the reality TV program.

Vogue editor Kirstie Clements, who was one of the competition judges, has told newspapers the young model's photos did not warrant a cover.

Fellow program judge Charlotte Dawson agreed, telling ninemsn Reveley is not ready to be a Vogue cover model.

"The cover of Vogue is a very big deal and the girls who end up there are of that really high, almost supermodel, status…Demelza is not there yet," she said.

Dawson said she supported Clement's decision.

"The cover was not part of the prize and Vogue is the top fashion bible in the world.

"There are only 12 covers a year so every editor has to pick very carefully."

It was "a bit unfair" to compare Reveley to last year's winner because Burdeu was a completely different calibre of model, Dawson said.

"Alice was ready to rock….she was very sophisticated and worldly."
"Demelza is not, she's a pretty young girl."

While Reveley still has a strong chance of carving out a career in the fashion world she is far too young, Dawson said.

"I think she should go back to school and get a bit of life experience first."

The latest series of Australia's Next Top Model was one of its most controversial, with Reveley's bullying of fellow contestant Alamela Rowan drawing sharp disapproval from the judges.

Dawson and Clements both voted against Reveley in the season's final episode but a tied result with rival Alexandra Girdwood meant the program's audience were left to decide the winner.

In a forum on Vogue's website, fans of the show blasted Reveley's performance in the magazine shoot, saying she appeared ungrateful.

"She actually looked bored the whole time….it seemed she failed to grasp what a huge honour appearing in Vogue is for any model, let alone a beginner," Michelle wrote.

Another post read: "I've never really liked Demelza, and I don't think she looked that good in the shoot. She is pretty, but she's egoistic and has a lack of humility, which is enough to make anyone unattractive."
source | ninemsn

Vogue Australia Sept. 08

source: Priscillas, posted by Mr. D. :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->