Austrian streetstyle

alyssa anne

Reaction score
I'm studying abroad next fall in Vienna and I was wondering if any of you girls were from Austria and had pictures to share? :flower:

Oooh I live in Vienna, it's great :D I've got some pics, I'll put them up when I find them.

Bump! I'm visiting Vienna this April and would like to get a better sense of thier style.

lol, appearantly it's been ages...

anywhoo...

Vienna!

there's like several general groups of people.

we got the prep crowd. the girls wear cute coats, often with a headband, skinny jeans, flats, Longchamps bags. in summer also summer dresses. and also the usual baby polos, button down shirts... you see it on the RL website, they'll wear it.

the preppy guys.... well, what's there to say? button downs/polos, jeans, boat shoes (preferably Timberlands), pullovers when it's chillier, duffle coats/puffers/peacoats when it's cold.

you guys get the picture, right?

then there's a tragedy viennese people like to call "Krocha". they're the self-tanning, Ed Hardy wearing, hair bi-colored wearing crowd. sounds normal enough for american standards, but this is really going beyond words.

1df1d7130bbccf0c9sh0.jpg

139b8d52bf844e2e2ny2.jpg

1b73d7f64e8177f81hs2.jpg

1af036b9502b793d7nw9.jpg

153fe63fe1d833a44wf2.jpg

if source isn't stated, then studivz.net

then there's the usual emo kids, hipsters and fashionistas. maybe other austrians on this board can add more? c'mon, i'm not the only Austrian here!

That's awful^

I'm completely smitten by Viennese Streetstyle. As a Viennese myself I will post pictures of our street style soon. It is very conservative and classic, chic and not very modern at all.

if you're really viennese, you should be facing that on a daily basis :lol:

there's a reason why i'm mostly found around the Graben and Kohlmarkt area... so i don't have to see that.

Street_a_Licious;4166831 then there's a tragedy viennese people like to call "Krocha". they're the self-tanning said:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7820/1df1d7130bbccf0c9sh0.jpg[/IMG]

139b8d52bf844e2e2ny2.jpg

1b73d7f64e8177f81hs2.jpg

1af036b9502b793d7nw9.jpg

153fe63fe1d833a44wf2.jpg

if source isn't stated, then studivz.net

That is just horrible, and not normal by any standards.

Thanks everyone!

if you're really viennese, you should be facing that on a daily basis :lol:

there's a reason why i'm mostly found around the Graben and Kohlmarkt area... so i don't have to see that.

At Graben or Kohlmarkt and Kärntnerstraße there are the best dressed people in the whole world!!!!!! In my opinion anyway. I promise you guys to post pictures as soon as I've more time... I thought so often that I want to walk around and take pictures of Austrian Streetstyle.
Of course there are people dressed like that. But that's mostly teens I think. University students or grown ups dress above average.:heart:

I want to puke. :sick:
BonjourTristesse, I would love to see pictures of these people!

I will. Promised.
Its funny. The other day 2 girls took a picture of me (at Kärtnerstrasse) and said it's for their style/fasion homepage. I immediately thought of tfs. But I never found my picture here. :lol:

I have to disagree about the uni students: you will mostly find the preps at my uni (business school, what else :lol: ) but when it comes to the technical uni you will find very alternative styles or rather "I don't care" style :wink:

of course there are exceptions to the rules.

the "Krocha" style is mostly seen on teenagers. while people at Kärtnerstraße/Graben/Kohlmarkt do dress well Vienna in general is not that interesting fashionwise :ninja:

here are 2 pics a friend back in school took 2 years ago, it's obviously winter (I hope the faces are blurry enough, otherwise tell me and I'm gonna edit the pics...)

Attachments

• Bild 021.jpg
    Bild 021.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Bild 017.jpg
    Bild 017.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that I avoid to have people in my self taken pics :blink: only buildings mostly... k the following is from the site elkhazen.org, again people only in boring coats...

vienna-02-748789.jpg

it's also easy to take pics of tourists when taking pics there :lol:

yo ambi, we should go and take pics together at some point, hahaha. 2 asians, armed with cameras. noone's gonna say a word.

that's right! An asian collegue is even going to tape people for a uni study even though it's not quite allowed without people knowing :innocent:It's cool being asian here :lol:

in case people stare at us we can stumble a few words of chinese and laugh and make the victory sign and laugh some more :lol:

in case people stare at us we can stumble a few words of chinese and laugh and make the victory sign and laugh some more :lol:

oh gosh we have to do that! :lol: so finally we will provide tFS with pics of Vienna streetstyle... but I'm not surprised that there aren't any yet :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->