Aveda

The strips that are s'pose to make your hair stick straight up? Did you use it with a holding product?

We went through an "Aveda Product Lesson" yesterday at the salon and learned all about their products. Well, at least were told... let's see if I'll remember anything.

Fab - get whatever you want most. If you want to change your hair, go for it. If you want a massage, get one! But if you wanna get all products, there will be a person there to help you with everything. What hair type do you have?

I've tried Aveda shampoo Rosemarry..., your hair become more volume. i like it to get the "sexy gonflé style"

Gobi said:
I need:

-Bodylotion
-Hydrating mask
-Cleanser, tonic and moisture cream for dry/sensitive skin.

Any suggestions?

Don't know about the skin care, but the hair care is excellent!!!

I was actually considering getting their hair glossing treatment. I've never had one before, anyone know much about it or if it works really well?

I want to bump this back to life and ask if anyone else has Aveda product reccomendations?

Aveda Be Curly works really well.. it makes your curls super soft. You can use the confixor with it as well to keep the frizzies away.

Hmm... I use Sap Moss Shamp & Cond and love the smell..

Brilliant shine serum is nice, too.. and the finishing spray.

What do you guys think about their salon services like waxing, threading? I'm planning on getting threading done, and I'm not sure if I should since some people are giving it bad reviews:blink:

When I had (dyed) black hair I loved the Black Malva s/p and conditioner.

Currently I'm using the Elixir leave-in conditioner and it's been great in terms of defrizzing and making my hair smell nice.

I also like the Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant for the face. The face wash gel for oily skin is nice and so is the hydrating lotion, but they are quite expensive here (australia) if you're on a student budget, and there are other brands out there IMO that are cheaper, better and also subscribe to the whole "natural" philosophy.

I went to the Aveda store last night and was very dissapointed. I am a bit of a product junkie, so I really just wanted try something new. The shop seemed so small and like they did not have much. Both sales people approached me while I was looking and I told them both I was just looking to try something new and asked what things they liked best and would reccomend...but neither of them really gave me any suggestions. They had a willing and able buyer and did not take advantage of me (and usually that would be a good thing)

Sooo I bought a small travel size shampoo and headed off to Origins instead

I bought the Be Curly (is that the name of it) styling lotion for my mom and its absolutely fantastic. She has super curly hair and this is, thus far, the only product that has been able to provide definition and anti-frizz. Its truly lovely!

Today I just bought the Pure Abundance line which I'm quite excited about, I've heard many good things about it.

p.s. does anyone know who does the photography for Aveda? Their ads are lovely :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the:

Sap Moss Shampoo
Chamomile Shampoo and Conditioner
Brilliant Hair Spray
Control Paste

I've never cared for the skincare...........it never seemed to do much for me other than the:

Deep Cleansing and Moisturizing Masks. Which I love. Add some of the Tea Tree Oil to the DC Mask and some Geranium or Rose oil to the Moisturizing Mask.

^^ Probably the Sap Moss or Damage Remedy. But I dont 'do' hair, (or use their haircare, I just remember the stylists I went to school with always recommending those shampoos) just skin. I went to an Aveda institute for my aesthetician license however. I was so unimpressed and I spent almost $9k on the education. I have nothing really positive to say about them because of this experience, and they're certainly not all 'environmental' like they claim to be.

I will say though that the one and only product I like from them is their Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser. It's for their acne line, which I dont have, but it has very anti-inflammatory properties as well and I tend to sometimes get some sensitivity and redness in my cheeks so it actually works pretty good for that, and its price is only $22. I did like their Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme for radiance but it must be used sparingly as its so thick and can cause comedones.

^Would you recommend any of the other products from the Outer Peace range? :flower:

I went to the Aveda store last night and was very dissapointed. I am a bit of a product junkie, so I really just wanted try something new. The shop seemed so small and like they did not have much. Both sales people approached me while I was looking and I told them both I was just looking to try something new and asked what things they liked best and would reccomend...but neither of them really gave me any suggestions. They had a willing and able buyer and did not take advantage of me (and usually that would be a good thing)

Sooo I bought a small travel size shampoo and headed off to Origins instead

I agree that the customer service at the stores is mediocre at best. They're usually friendly, but they gave me no helpful suggestions or recommendations on their products.

On the plus side, I recently bought their wooden paddle brush and it's done a great job of detangling my hair. Apparently you can also use the brush to massage your scalp but I haven't tried it yet. I would love to own a Mason Pearson brush someday but Aveda's brush has done well so far. ^_^ My hairstylist used the Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner on me and I love how voluminous my hair felt after the haircut. So I think the Rosemary Mint collection is a winner.

^Would you recommend any of the other products from the Outer Peace range? :flower:
Well the cleanser is the only product I personally use(d). There's also a facial lotion, a cream to dab on pimples or problem areas.
There is a mask called Cooling Masque which I used a lot in facials on people that would come in with sensitivity. It was OK at calming down skin, but the best mask they have is their calming cooling mask which is a powder that you blend with some tea and it's so hard to get off the skin but my client's skin looks great and glows afterwards. It's only available at the Aveda Concept spa's however, they dont retail it. :angry:

Apparently Aveda is going to bring out their own peel this year sometime.

I really like the Hang Straight creme, it's really useful if you have a bit of frizz or (like me) have annoying bits on you hair that are out of sync with the rest of it. It's very lightweight and I love the smell.

would definitely recommend the Sap Moss Concentrate if you have kinky or a rougher texture on your hair. Mine's three different textures and the concentrate is one of the few things on this planet that'll make it all comb-able. :D

There is a mask called Cooling Masque which I used a lot in facials on people that would come in with sensitivity. It was OK at calming down skin, but the best mask they have is their calming cooling mask which is a powder that you blend with some tea and it's so hard to get off the skin but my client's skin looks great and glows afterwards. It's only available at the Aveda Concept spa's however, they dont retail it. :angry:

the mask is available in retail now :flower:

I know that the Outer Peace Cooling Mask is available for retail. There is another mask we used that is only used in spas with similiar name (Calming Cooling Masque) and its a powder that you blend with some Hydrating Mask and tea and it works great. Too bad its a spa exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->