PradaP

Reaction score
ayeshamakim.jpg
250-gen12fash3.jpg

Ayesha's relative success
By Patty Huntington
April 13, 2004
The Sun-Herald

Among internationals trekking down to Sydney for Mercedes Australia Fashion Week (MAFW) next month is 18-year-old Ayesha Makim .

The former fledgling Sydney socialite/model has been in London since January trying to crack the international modelling scene there with a little help from London power modelling agency Storm (whose most famous protegee to date is Kate Moss) and aunt, Sarah Ferguson.

Makim's Fergie connections have so far failed to translate into a blockbuster modelling success her Sydney agency, Chic, reports that although she's attended "18 castings a day".

Makim's body of work since arriving has so far included one British magazine called Sugar, a Danish magazine and a young British designer. "But she's got a strong editorial book together now of test shots which is what she needed to do," said Chic director Kathy Ward .

This demure shot (above) is of course a stark contrast to the notorious image of Makim from MAFW last year that appeared in British newspapers last May, when Makim pulled up her dress during the Fashion Assassin show to flash her knickers. One UK tabloid captioned it, "What would your aunty say?"

Before she hits the 2004 Sydney catwalks, Makim will be helping out Chic at the agency's April 20 soiree the Chic Show to put 131 of its models up for consideration before MAFW producers and designers.

The Sun-Herald Diary hears that the agency is being lent, by Makim's mum Jane Luedecke , a couple of brand new Peugeot 307CC convertibles for the mostly teen Chic-ettes to drive around town while here. Let's hope they have adequate insurance.

With a name like "Ayesha Makim" I was expecting a Middle Eastern model. Hmm.

ha, i went to primary school (double bay) with ayesha - she was an absolute horror! :P her mum was nice though.

:lol:

I heard she is not very tall, only around 5'7?

So did I when I first heard of her a while ago. The name is Arabic/Muslim so it turns up in the African community a lot but obviousy isn't restricted to it. I wouldn't hold it against her that she hasn't done well in London. It's tough here!!!

I don't really like her look. Maybe its because she reminds me of a lot of the snotty people at our school.

CATWALK ROYALTY

AYESHA MAKIM may have blue-blooded relations, but it took her a while to get used to the designer high life when she arrived in London in January at the age of 17. "Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie took me out to lunch for my 18th birthday," the honey-blonde, long-limbed niece of the Duchess of York tells Hello! magazine. "Then Sarah and I went shopping to Dolce & Gabbana. I was overawed - I couldn't even look at the clothes because they were all so expensive, but she picked some up and made me put them on and in the end we spent two hours in there. She bought me some great things." Brought up on her father's farm in northern New South Wales, Makim, who is adamant that her two royal cousins are anything but stuck up and says she likes the same designers as they do, is unfazed by a career in the fashion industry. "When I first started modelling, [my mother] talked to me about the drugs problem in the industry," she said. "But I don't buckle under peer pressure. I think for myself. I'm aware I might be criticised because of my background. But hopefully people will judge me for who I am, and not where I come from." Already more than comfortable in front of the cameras and attending up to 12 castings per day, Makim made her debut on the London scene this week when she modelled Australia's biggest underwear label, Bond, at its Selfridges launch. (August 12 2004, AM)

hrh... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
and you think about all the really beautiful ones waiting for a break. :cry:

Pretty--a lot more so than the recent wave of quasi-celebrities--and looks like she's having fun.

I don't think she has anything special about her.

oh no, my childhood nemesis! i went to school with her. she's horrid, in looks and personality.
back then she hated beatrice and eugenie... and she was brought up in double bay, sydney with her mother and step father (a south african who was obsessed with rhinos)

Err...she's not particularly interesting, but she has more of "model" body than the new batch of celebrity models that I've seen. I wish they'd all go away...

Her body is good, but other than that - no thank you. She isn't horrible - she just doesn't look good for modeling. I like her better when she doesn't smile.

She's not even close to being royalty :lol:

Its obviously stupid for people to think she is considering she's related to Fergie, the most vile woman to come out of the UK. She let some bald guy suck on her toes when she was married for crying out loud! :yuk:

two words...LOW CLASS

Plus she isn't really good looking.

Originally posted by o2w@Aug 11 2004, 09:22 PM
oh no, my childhood nemesis! i went to school with her. she's horrid, in looks and personality.
back then she hated beatrice and eugenie... and she was brought up in double bay, sydney with her mother and step father (a south african who was obsessed with rhinos)
[snapback]328946[/snapback]​

how funny...what a coincidence... :lol: :flower:

Some friends of mine went to the same school as her - in the year below. And yeah, the word "horrible" and "a bit of a b.itch" got thrown around quite a bit. In Sydney she's always getting the "Hardest trying socialite" awards and stuff like that :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saanojun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->