AZ Factory S/S 2021 Paris

It's all actually kinda underwhelming.

Well, I'm sure good intentions are there since Alber seems to be extremely passionate about this project, but aesthetically it really feels like Lanvin for H&M 2.0, just with improved quality. At least they focused on being diverse and trying to understand women's needs. All the Elbaz's codes are there, yet the collection lacks some refinement and glamour. Also, it somehow feels dated with the sporty theme and those pointy sneakers. I'm not sure how it will perform in terms of sales, but I wish the whole team luck. They really deserve it because, as I said before, there's a real passion for the whole creative and manufacturing process.

Take away the jewelry, sneakers, prints and Lanvin styling and the collection is better imo. The fits on the black model (sorry don't know her name) are striking.

He should stop trying to make it different from what he created at Lanvin. That was all him. In my opinion, he should continue with the puffy one shoulder dresses, the jewel tones, the costume jewelery...he should own it. Put a new label on it, and sell it as his own. The biggest middle finger to the owners of Lanvin. He def left a big hole in the market. He should take advantage of it.

it’s a little disappointing , I know we were all expecting more.

he clearly needs to get into the game again and his creativity is there but somehow tamed.

also, those pointy shoes/ sneakers... nope.

the worse of it all is to present this during Haute Couture week...

Alber sweetie, don’t f*ck it up.

This is not at all what I was expecting or hoping for. It's very cheap ... just like the name.
I am highly disappointed.

The first looks , the typical more elegant lanvin shapes are ok. He should have stick to it and play more with it. the rest and the sporty sections is bad. It actually reminds me of the ending days/collections of Lanvin and reminds me again why I was tired of the later Lanvin collections and also probably why they kicked him out.

But even if he would have delivered...I can just not get over the name. I couldnt buy something with this name tagged on it. Nomen est omen. And this nomen is no good. Its fated to be doomed.

But even if he would have delivered...I can just not get over the name. I couldnt buy something with this name tagged on it. Nomen est omen. And this nomen is no good. Its fated to be doomed.

Exactly. Months ago, when the brand was announced, I thought it was some sort of a fast fashion brand by Amazon.

Edit: I feel he just needed some fast cash and didn't really want to associate his name with the outcome that much.

I feel he just needed some fast cash and didn't really want to associate his name with the outcome that much.

I am curious about the price range.

If thats the case, it implies how low he must consider his own designs (knowing how bad the designs will be). Or he has a very arrogant attitude.

Even if I would design for a fast fashion brand, for my own reputation, I would have highest aspirations to make the fast fashion collection looking even more amazing and desireable than all designers.

My guess is worse: he really likes the name and the concept behind it, and he thinks he delivered highly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->