Baby Lotion Vs. Make-up Remover

xclusive

Reaction score
Is there anything bad about using baby lotion instead of make-up remover? It works the same but I was wondering if maybe I should switch back to make-up remover.. :unsure: ?????

i used to use johnsons baby oil to remove eye make up...
its ok i suppose but i prefer a specific product for my face :blush:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Nov 8th, 2003 - 10:06 am
i prefer a specific product for my face :blush:
Yup, same here. A good product to try are Almay's makeup remover pads. I get the "Moisturizing ones", and I absolutely love them.

I never buy eye makeup remover. I usually use baby oil or whichever one I get for free with a gift with purchase deal. :wink:

I think that you should stick with products that targets specific needs, like makeup remover. I wouldnt trust using baby oil or lotion on skin, because it may cause breakouts, if skin is oily, and it can cause minimal irritations on regular to sensitive skin.. I guess :smile:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:41 am
I think that you should stick with products that targets specific needs, like makeup remover. I wouldnt trust using baby oil or lotion on skin, because it may cause breakouts, if skin is oily, and it can cause minimal irritations on regular to sensitive skin.. I guess :smile:
i agree :wink:
oil clogs pores and therefore provokes breakouts.

Hehe...... Trust me, NEVER use baby lotion as makeup remover if you tend to breakout easily!

I did it and started to have tiny whiteheads all around my eye area ! ! !

You're probably better off using everything as it is ment to, which means:

Baby lotion as a BODY LOTION

and eye makeup remover as SOMETHING TO REMOVE MAKEUP OR "EXCESS DIRTS (I didn't want to say IMPURITIES cuz it sounds to snobbish lol :P )" from your EYE AREA!

:flower:

I would normally do it before cleansing so that the oil gets washed away, and therefore no eye zits! Most eye makeup removers for waterproof makeup are oil-based.

my eye make up remover is OIL FREE and its the best so far. if anyone wants to try it go for TALIKA. its BLUe and works with silk proteins :heart:

Sweet almond oil is another oil that can be subsituted for makeup remover. A lot of makeup artists use it, same with babywipes (but I suggest getting the gentler cloth-like ones in unscented). I wouldn't replace the wipes with your regular cleanser, but they're good for the nights when you stumble home drunk and don't feel like washing your face. :wink:

i never used baby oil or lotions on my face & around eyes area :huh:
for eyes, i use eye makeup removers -- my favorite is lancome's , & i also like Loreal's water-proof eyemakeup removers for a less expensive alternative.

and only when i'm in a rush, i use makeup wipes, either johnson's or pure's

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"